30 day shred?????

Options
fidangul
fidangul Posts: 673 Member
hello people, i've just started the "30 day shred" workout and i was wondering how others do the levels. Are u supposed to do one level at a time or all in one go. I'm thinking days 1-10 level 1
Days 11-20 level 1&2
Days 21-30 level 1,2&3

Replies

• hazeenajoshi
    hazeenajoshi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I think it's first ten days level 1 then level 2 then level 3
  • _ankylosaurus_
    _ankylosaurus_ Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Yep. Each level is 10 days each.
  • fidangul
    Options
    So u don't add the next level on like i was gonna do?????
  • RemakingJia
    RemakingJia Posts: 98 Member
    Options

fidangul wrote: »
    So u don't add the next level on like i was gonna do?????

If you are a beginner, do one level at a time because it is quite tough. After the first rotation, you can do two levels together....like level 1 and 2 for first 10 days, level 1 and 3 for next 10 days and so on.

• MK24551
    MK24551 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Do u do 30 days straight?
  • vdobbs28
    vdobbs28 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    You do Level 1 for 10 days, Level 2 for 10 days and Level 3 for 10 days. I start level 2 tomorrow and with level 1, and measuring everything, waist, arms, legs, hips, neck and calves, I've lost 15 inches total!
  • misssharron_
    misssharron_ Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    fidangul wrote: »
    hello people, i've just started the "30 day shred" workout and i was wondering how others do the levels. Are u supposed to do one level at a time or all in one go. I'm thinking days 1-10 level 1
    Days 11-20 level 1&2
    Days 21-30 level 1,2&3

Hey, I've started the 30 day shred workout also would like to keep in touch to motivate each other x
  • MK24551
    Options
    vharm2007 wrote: »
    You do Level 1 for 10 days, Level 2 for 10 days and Level 3 for 10 days. I start level 2 tomorrow and with level 1, and measuring everything, waist, arms, legs, hips, neck and calves, I've lost 15 inches total!

Do u take any rest day or do u do the whole workout straight through (30 days with no break?) omg great job! Good luck on the next level!
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Yes you do need to take a rest day. Take it between levels to give your muscles chance to recover and rebuild.
  • vdobbs28
    vdobbs28 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    MK24551 wrote: »
    vharm2007 wrote: »

Do u take any rest day or do u do the whole workout straight through (30 days with no break?) omg great job! Good luck on the next level!

I take rest days but not in between levels like suggested above. I exercise 6 days and then take 1 off. If I rested between levels, I would DIE because it's hard enough to take a rest day and start again on the same level! And thank you, I start level 2 today!
  • chellied715
    chellied715 Posts: 3 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I haven't had the same results that vharm2007 has had (congrats to you!), but I have had some. Today will be day 8 of lvl 1. In that time I took one rest day on Sunday (between days 6 & 7) and as of today I've lost a total of 4 inches from my waist and hips. Taking that rest day did amazing things for my soreness level - it wasn't there like it had been on day 6. Well worth it for me.

I agree that I think it would be very hard psychologically and physically to go from a rest day to a level increase. I've also heard that it's best to take the rest day every 5-7 days... even Jillian has said that. :sweat_smile:

It's a tough workout, but it can be done and it can be worth it! Good luck to all of you!
  • fidangul
    Options

Hey, I've started the 30 day shred workout also would like to keep in touch to motivate each other x

Yeah I'm up for that
  • fidangul
    Options
    Yes you do need to take a rest day. Take it between levels to give your muscles chance to recover and rebuild.

How long for????
  • fidangul
    Options
    I haven't had the same results that vharm2007 has had (congrats to you!), but I have had some. Today will be day 8 of lvl 1. In that time I took one rest day on Sunday (between days 6 & 7) and as of today I've lost a total of 4 inches from my waist and hips. Taking that rest day did amazing things for my soreness level - it wasn't there like it had been on day 6. Well worth it for me.

I agree that I think it would be very hard psychologically and physically to go from a rest day to a level increase. I've also heard that it's best to take the rest day every 5-7 days... even Jillian has said that. :sweat_smile:

It's a tough workout, but it can be done and it can be worth it! Good luck to all of you!

Thanksss
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    i did it a few years i found level 2 boring so i switched to level 3 and quite on the 7th day cause i felt i didnt get results. but i did get great results in my before and after pics but not on the scale. if you do get bored switch to one of the other levels and push yourself all the way. its a good workout. I took saturdays off. also she recommends 1400 calories during it.
  • MK24551
    Options
    Thanks! I started last night. I did take a rest day today bc I don't want to hurt myself n my legs r sore. But I did walk. Can't wait to go back tmrw!