Help me not eat the banana bread!!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I find it interesting that people are trying to make her eat the bread lol. It isn't necessarily deprivation. Haven't we all decided to not give into a craving before? It doesn't fit, so maybe tomorrow. I don't know the OP so I'm not going to say she is depriving herself just from this. Maybe she just finished a banana split.
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    We had some overripe bananas in my house last week, and I made banana nut bread for the first time in about 3 years. No one in the house was able to resist it. All I had in the house was whole wheat flour to bake with, so at least I can say I was "eating clean." Anyway, I had a piece and counted it; it was worth every bite. Now my sons are deliberately leaving bananas in a puddle on my counter so that they will rot early and I'll have an excuse to make more.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    classyBC wrote: »
    mccindy72 wrote: »
    Thanks everyone for your support. I am currently not eating the banana bread and will not be in the future.

Do try to remember that deprivation leads to failure in the long run.

Will do. I just can't indulge myself just yet without falling apart.

Try to put the recipe in the recipe builder so you can get a good idea of the calorie count, and enjoy some when you have room!
  • classyBC
    classyBC Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I find it interesting that people are trying to make her eat the bread lol. It isn't necessarily deprivation. Haven't we all decided to not give into a craving before? It doesn't fit, so maybe tomorrow. I don't know the OP so I'm not going to say she is depriving herself just from this. Maybe she just finished a banana split.
    Thank you very much! I'm not depriving myself, just trying to not fall off the wagon. :)
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Oh good grief, just have some. Go out for a run or something to build up some calories. I agree with the post above. Deprivation is not the way to go. Every time I've done it while losing weight in the past I eventually failed and gained my weight back. Moderation is key. You CAN stop at one piece. I'm sitting here eating a serving of Cheetos. A year ago I would have told you that I couldn't stop eating them once I started. Now I've learned to fit them in and have regular servings. It just takes a little discipline and eventually it becomes your new normal. Better to have what you love in smaller quantities then not at all.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Wait... You can put chocolate chips in banana bread?

7vzj8zjskifo.png
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't eat it. Without melted butter spread on it.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Unless its made with no less than 5 very overripe *super-dead* bananas, don't waste the calories..... ;) And good for you for resisting. It can indeed by challenging sometimes.

*super-dead = the kind that are reduced to squishy, messy, melted-into-the-counter, black pieces of fruit that are beyond disgusting looking.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Thank you very much! I'm not depriving myself, just trying to not fall off the wagon. :)

I'm not trying to convince you to eat it or not, or to 'fall of the wagon'. It's a matter of learning good eating patterns now. Long-term eating works better, if you think of it as simply learning to eat the same foods, but in small portions, so you are eating fewer calories in a day. That way you aren't 'dieting'. You don't cut foods out of your normal eating, you just eat less of the same foods. (Assuming that you normally eat a good balance of protein, carbs and vegetables to begin with, and then some treats like the banana bread).
    Since eating is 80% of weight loss, and exercise is 20%, (and mostly for fitness), it's important to develop the right attitude toward food right from the start. If you view things like banana bread as the 'enemy' and a food you can never have, you will develop and unhealthy attitude toward it and other 'treat' foods. This can lead to binging later on down the road, or a give-up attitude.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I would just eat a bunch of it then workout hard tomorrow.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    dakotababy wrote: »
    I would just eat a bunch of it then workout hard tomorrow.

You can't exercise away overeating.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    98lbs loss would disagree with that.^
    calories in calories out.
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    it'll taste better in the morning

everyone who is serious about their banana bread knows it's better after a day or two

just like Peeps

this is srs *kitten*
  • janisvin
    janisvin Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    You have a lifetime to eat it. Say no for today.
    You will be glad tomorrow.