Am I the only one who doesn't count or measure?

Options

Replies

• bencze1
    bencze1 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    If you don't count and measure there's no way to know how much you eat, actually.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Carol_ wrote: »
    My thoughts are sooner or later you will hit a plateau..and that's ok. You will have this site to get you back on track..and by then you might need to count and measure to remain successful. You really look good! Good work!

If you have the right approach then you cna sort it out yourself. You just adjust to the situation.
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    IN for calorie counting Nazis. LOL
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    If you are not weighing and measuring food, you are not counting calories. You are either estimating high and possibly under-eating, or you are lucky enough to be pretty close. But it is not counting if you don't really count.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    If you are not weighing and measuring food, you are not counting calories. You are either estimating high and possibly under-eating, or you are lucky enough to be pretty close. But it is not counting if you don't really count.

Um, I think she already said she doesn't count. That was the point of the question.

• LiveLoveLift48
    LiveLoveLift48 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I counted and measured for the last 3 years. Im done with that now. There are days i know i eat well and within a sensable amount of calories and days where i eat enough for three days in one day. I have decided i dont want to be defined by numbers any longer or stressed out over them. I feel that if you eat well ( most of the time) , move your body in a way that makes you happy ( i love to lift) and try to make the best choices over all you win. Once i quit letting t hose numbers define me and stress me out i have never felt or looked better.
  • Mom2Boys4Fun
    Mom2Boys4Fun Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I admit, I am curious as to what bought you to this site. It's a tool to count calories, so most ppl here are doing just that. Maybe another site would suit you better?

I have been on my weight loss journey for almost 2 years and have been visiting this website ever since. I don't plan on leaving, I was just asking a question

I use the website to remind me to be conscious of how much im eating. I don't use it to control everything I eat. But I also don't put every little thing in the system, because sometimes I forget. The forums and reminders Are why I'm here.
  • xXBabyBelleXx
    xXBabyBelleXx Posts: 110 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I counted and measured for the last 3 years. Im done with that now. There are days i know i eat well and within a sensable amount of calories and days where i eat enough for three days in one day. I have decided i dont want to be defined by numbers any longer or stressed out over them. I feel that if you eat well ( most of the time) , move your body in a way that makes you happy ( i love to lift) and try to make the best choices over all you win. Once i quit letting t hose numbers define me and stress me out i have never felt or looked better.

This is my plan once I reach my goal weight :)
  • aprilflower18232
    aprilflower18232 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Annie_01 wrote: »
    no youre not the only person, there will come a time you will need to do so though.

Why do you think so???

She has lost 174lbs!!!

You don't think she has it in her to either maintain or maybe lose another few pounds???

Personally...I don't think she needs to lose any more at all...she looks great at her current weight.

Thank you! Losing 175 pounds hasn't been easy but I didn't really expect it to be, lol.
    I don't plan on starting to weigh, measure or count...I was simply curious as to if there were others who didn't as well!

• Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Annie_01 wrote: »
    no youre not the only person, there will come a time you will need to do so though.

Why do you think so???

She has lost 174lbs!!!

You don't think she has it in her to either maintain or maybe lose another few pounds???

Personally...I don't think she needs to lose any more at all...she looks great at her current weight.

Thank you! Losing 175 pounds hasn't been easy but I didn't really expect it to be, lol.
    I don't plan on starting to weigh, measure or count...I was simply curious as to if there were others who didn't as well!

You have lost so much weight without any measuring and counting . You already know how to eye-ball your servings and knowing how much you can eat any given day. I wish I could do that; I wish I had your self control. My skinny friends never measure and count anything. They eat when they are hungry and they eat small servings. They always have. That's how people stay skinny without counting and measuring. I grew up snacking between meals, eating larger servings, eating when not hungry.

You are doing it just right!

• Sophiasmomma
    Sophiasmomma Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I didnt log or count cals the first few weeks and only lost 1 lb. I started counting cals and logging and the first week i lost 3.
    1.2 approx. Every week since then. I havent started weighing my food yet since ive been steadlily losing but as i approach my last 10lbs i think i will need to.....
  • Kst76
    Options
    I can lose weight without logging but my problem is I don't eat enough and I go hungry. If I log I know how much I can eat without eating too much if that make sense.
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Good for everyone who doesn't need to weigh, measure and count your food. Here's a cookie. That you don't have to weigh.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Well, the entire premise of the website is calorie counting. So yeah, you're probably in the minority here.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Good for everyone who doesn't need to weigh, measure and count your food. Here's a cookie. That you don't have to weigh.

*two thumbs up*
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I have a couple of overweight friends. When they ask me how I lost weight, and I tell them counting my calories... I literally get the disgusted look followed be "NO WAY, what a hassle"! !!!
    I'm one of those people who enjoys calorie counting and keeping an eye on my macros. For me filling out my diary everyday is an enjoyable and interesting experience :smiley:

But if counting every calorie that passes your lips is a pain in the butt and is seen as a chore, then you'd have to find another way, and if that works, that's wonderful. But if said person is failing to lose weight then calorie counting might be have to be an option.
  • Kst76
    Options
    Some people don't want to count calories but they don;t mind starving themselves to lose weight.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Some people don't want to count calories but they don;t mind starving themselves to lose weight.

Indeedy! :disappointed:

I think if I didn't count, I'd probably under eat,because I'd be too paranoid of going over... or I could on the other hand eat too much thinking I'm eye balling correctly!

Haha who the hell knows, it'd be confusion city for me.
    I don't have enough confidence to get it spot on , I need the back up of mfp.

• lauraesh0384
    lauraesh0384 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I measure and weigh my food now because I was under eating, I believe. I follow a low carb diet and I ate when I was hungry. I became aware after mentally going through what I ate that day that I was probably only consuming around 1,000 calories, some days less. Now it's easier for me to plan my meals based on the number of calories I will eat through out the day. If I see I'm not going to be over 1200 calories with what I had planned, I'll switch things out to get more calories. Plus now I'm doing the zig zag approach to my calories, so I kind of need to.