5'4 and 150 pounds, how much more should I go?

Options
2»

Replies

• missomgitsica
    missomgitsica Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Stop where you're comfortable. If that's 150, great, if not, keep losing. Don't worry about what other people say, it's your body.
  • PokeyBug
    PokeyBug Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    JMO, but that entirely depends on you and what you want to see looking back at you in the mirror. My first goal was 130#, but when I got there, I wasn't thrilled, so I lost another 5. I'm still not thrilled, but I think I'm thin enough, so I'm working on toning muscle and changing my body composition. Do what makes you happy and healthy.
  • vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    PokeyBug wrote: »
    JMO, but that entirely depends on you and what you want to see looking back at you in the mirror. My first goal was 130#, but when I got there, I wasn't thrilled, so I lost another 5. I'm still not thrilled, but I think I'm thin enough, so I'm working on toning muscle and changing my body composition. Do what makes you happy and healthy.

Agree totally.
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I'm seeing similar responses and I agree:
    - You are inspiring!!!! Bravo.
    - You look wonderful and I hope you post that new photo soon.
    - Ignore those who say that you are too skinny. How judgmental, especially after your hard work toward your personal goal.
    - Reassess once you are at your original goal. Take some time there, too. Consider working out with weights, which can be done at home (just keep getting heavier weights to always challenge yourself). There are lots of great muscle-toning circuits out there.
    - Don't be a slave to the scale. Easier said than done, I know.
    - It is stupid that we are all so hard on ourselves. Last night, I caught a glimpse of my chest, shoulder and arm muscles in the mirror and was really proud after losing 20 lbs. Then I looked a my hip and thought, "how gross and fat". That is a terrible attitude and I am sure I'm not alone. Life is short and we need to love ourselves.
  • aprilflower18232
    aprilflower18232 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    khovf355fnym.jpg
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Don't be discouraged! Comparing yourself to others is not usually constructive. Just have to do what's best for you!

I'm 5'3" and shooting for 125 but that seems so tiny! I'm just going to keep doing what I'm doing and see where I end up.
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    khovf355fnym.jpg

Awesome success!!! You look great and must feel wonderful. Thanks for sharing.
    I'm wondering about what my goal should be, too. I didn't have nearly as impressive a journey as you, but my BMI is now in the very normal zone. Therefore, I feel more relaxed in one sense. On the other hand, I still see icky fat (inner thighs). I know that I'll never be really thin, but should I settle for "good enough"? Should I push until I'm happy with those thighs or should I be proud of my progress at present? I think that I'm fit and "attractive" for 50, but that is a bad attitude, because it's based in comparing with others. Finding a happy place is challenging. Who knew?