Learning new things.

Options
I am just getting started on the site and a weight loss journey. Hoping for motivation and advice. Easy at home work outs for a RA that works 12 hrs shifts.

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,217 MFP Moderator
    Options
    There are some great workout videos on YouTube. :) Welcome to MyFitnessPal!
  • VCFernandez13
    VCFernandez13 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Well that's what we all are here for to motivate one another!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    try fitnessblender.com for at home workouts that require little to no equipment.

but remember exercise is't required for weight loss, but is for health and fitness.

Set a reasonable weight loss goal (for the amount you want to lose about 1-1.5 lbs a week) set your activity level correctly, log accurately and consistently using a food scale (if you aren't good at estimating portions) and eat to your level.

If you do choose to exercise, log them and eat at least 50% back to fuel future workouts.

It really isn't complicated or anything...good luck.
  • BrittniAlbright
    BrittniAlbright Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I've been trying for the past 2 years to lose weight. Within a few days I have ready lost 2lbs! Thanks for the advice :)
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    Buy a set of resistance bands; look around your living area and see what you can use for your workout routines; end tables makes a great bench for elevated pushups, reverse crunch; lots of body weight movements (squats, lunges, jumping jacks, pushups, burpees, split squat jump). But you have to go outside eventually. All you need is 20-30 minutes three-four times a week of cardio. whether it's sprints, running, or jump rope intervals, have to do cardio. Mix that with some good resistance training and proper eating, you should lose weight in no time. Good luck!
  • BrittniAlbright
    BrittniAlbright Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thank you :) I just got outside today actually. Only got 10min done, had to walk to the store! Better then nothing!