help, help, help

Options
I just recently had a baby so looking to lose the extra weight. In need of motivation, tips, and, recipes! Anyone is free to add me!

Replies

• charleykayesmom
    charleykayesmom Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I will be your buddy! Sent you buddy request!
  • inked_Calimom82
    inked_Calimom82 Posts: 143 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Congrats on the baby! How long ago? You don't want to start exercising too early. Your body needs time to recover. Wait at least 6 weeks after giving birth and u should wait till the baby is 2 mos old if your breastfeeding. I was lucky and was able to breastfeed so I burned 600-800 calories a day doing that. If your in the clear to exercise, u should be able to do 20-30 mins of cardio 3-5 times a week. Starting a diet too early an make u more tired and delay your recovery time. Eat 5-6 small meals a day rather than 3 large meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner). Eating every 2-3 hours and lots of water helps! Spreading frequent small meals out will keep your blood sugar level steady and help prevent overeating! Make sure the foods your eating have the proper nutrients. U can go for walks with the baby in a stroller. That's what I did a lot, at least 30mins each day. Weight training will help in speeding up your metabolism. U can do this at home without weights too. Just hold your baby to your chest and do some lunges or do lunges behind the stroller as u walk. U can also lie on your back , holding your baby above your chest and slowly press her/him up toward the ceiling. Stay away from empty calorie foods like chips and soda! Fill up on foods with lots of lean protein (skinless chicken breast, lean ground turkey, fish), whole grains, fresh fruits and veggies and low fat dairy products. Oh the Pinterest app has lots of good recipe ideas too. Add me if u would like some daily motivation or support. I log on daily. Good luck :)
  • elenadear24
    elenadear24 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 2months postpartum so I'm good to excesize. Its the eating healthy part I have a problem with ): and yes pinterest is like my bf because I'm not much of Cooke but thank you for the great advice!