Measuring in weight when the only serving size info is in volume

Options
I got myself a scale. I weigh my cooked quinoa (my current frustration for tonight's example), but the only serving size for quinoa in the database is 1/4 cup dry. How do you deal with this? I'm getting very frustrating trying to log my food. I can't remember which food this one was, but I estimated I ate 1/2 cup and the all of the entries for that food have a serving size of 3/8 cup. So, how do I accurately track how much I ate? I keep running into this problem, serving sizes/measures that are just tough to deal with or more importantly, there's no serving size/nutritional information on the food by a weight measure. Have I completely missed a section of the instructions for this app on how to log food?

Replies

• rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,223 Member
    Options
    Find a different entry as there are lots of them. If you can't find one, google and make your own.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I add a new entry (if I'm on the website, I don't add it to the general database...however I'm not sure there is an option for that when doing it from the app). For example, typically if I scan the label's for bread the results are all 1 slice or 2 slices as a serving size. I however weigh my food in grams and I don't want to look for an entry with the correct weight. So I create my own entry using the nutritional information from the package (or USDA if it's something that doesn't come with a nutritional label).
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Put "quinoa cooked" into the data field. There's a lot of entries. Some in cups, some in grams.

It's sometimes hard to find exactly what you're looking for. You'll get the hang of things, don't worry.