Lemon recipes please?!

Options
duckykissy
duckykissy Posts: 285 Member
edited May 2015 in Recipes
So I got handed a BUNCH of home grown lemons. As in a huge bag full of them- at least 20. (I haven't counted them yet.) They're beautiful and big and smell amazing. Now I know I can freeze the zest and juice but I would also like to make something while they're still fresh- I just don't know what.

What are your favourite lemon recipes? Sweet or savory- I'll take them all. Preferably lower carb (sugar) & at least not too many calories per serve (under 200 if possible). Also, I'm allergic to wheat and a bit special so extra points go to gluten free, dairy free, onion free. Don't know what you can do with these points, but they're yours if you want them. ;)

Replies

• DebzNuDa
    DebzNuDa Posts: 252 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    My sauce base for many savory items (fish, chicken, shellfish, pork, I don't do lamb but have heard it is used as well) includes lemon juice and some with zest:

Spray pan with olive oil with Misto
    Add shallots and sauté to transparent. (if no onion works for you try some garlic)
    Place on burner to low; add 3 ounces white wine, cook until about 1/2 of liquid remains. Add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and, many times, a bay leaf. Turn off the burner and add 14 grams of COLD butter (this will give you a thicker sauce). The sauce is for one serving.

Those are the bases then I add leeks, mushrooms, white pepper, and capers. I also thinly cut lemon slices, spray with olive oil with the Misto, place on sheet with parchment and bake for 15-18 minutes on one side then turn over and to the same on the back side.

Of course, you can use lemon slices to tuck them inside your chicken. I don't know if you will accept sweetener instead of sugar, but if so, you could always make lemonade. Start drinking hot water with lemon juice and slices. If you like wine, add to sangria.

Wish I could help more but all I can think of is a large size lemon bar (which I make with almond flour for the bottom)! :D
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    This is so delicious and low sodium to boot. Use the juice of 2 or 3 lemons. lowsodiumblog.com/2012/07/sues-greek-roast-lemon-chicken-kota-lemonato/
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I love gremelota too. the zest of lemon, parsley, and garlic minced together. Great on pasta, in soup, on steak. So good! Rachael Ray uses in a lot.
  • JediMasterNaw
    JediMasterNaw Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I've recently taking to cooking chicken in a mix of italian dressing and lemon juice. I just cook it until all the sauce is gone and it's sooo good. I eat it with cauliflower (cooked with it as well) but that's just me :)