does anyone else get heart palpitations while dieting?

Options
ATHLegal
ATHLegal Posts: 352 Member
I get heart palpitation when I sleep. I am quite hungry at night as I used to snack crazy but now I have stopped. Can anyone help with this issue?

Thanks mfp community.

Replies

• mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    See a doctor, that's not normal.

What is your calorie intake?
  • fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I only had this issue when I was doing low carb and in ketosis. I found out that this is not a normal thing. I agree with @barneygood you should a doctor.
  • XXXforeverXXXyoung
    XXXforeverXXXyoung Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    tatho2014 wrote: »
    I get heart palpitation when I sleep. I am quite hungry at night as I used to snack crazy but now I have stopped. Can anyone help with this issue?

Thanks mfp community.

I used to but it stopped when I started to eat more. I believe it may be because you aren't getting enough nutrients or calories
  • PopeyeCT
    PopeyeCT Posts: 249 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Stop dieting, and talk it over with your doctor before you continue.

I had heart palpitations whenever I went up a flight of stairs I though I was going to have heart attack. I honestly thought I didn't have long to live. Then 6 months ago I was diagnosed with a heart condition which was fixable, and got it fixed. Suddenly it's like a new lease on life. Now I'm exercising and getting healthy cause I might be around a long time.

Seriously, talk to your doctor.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,440 Member
    Options
    Talk to a doctor! Could be everything from not getting enough of some essential nutrients, to stomach acid rising through your esophagus and, being close to your heart there causing the hickups, to just stress.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options

Thanks mfp community.

You are not getting heart palpitations becauseyou are dieting. You need to see a dr/
  • ATHLegal
    Options
    aggelikik wrote: »

Thanks mfp community.

You are not getting heart palpitations becauseyou are dieting. You need to see a dr/

I only asked as I started getting them when I started dieting. Never before did I have this issue. I check with the doc tomorrow.
  • ATHLegal
    Options

Thanks mfp community.

I used to but it stopped when I started to eat more. I believe it may be because you aren't getting enough nutrients or calories

I looked it up and its because I'm not eating enough gonna try 1500 cal instead of 1200. It only happens when I exercise and eat very little.
  • ATHLegal
    Options
    barneygood wrote: »
    See a doctor, that's not normal.

What is your calorie intake?

I should eat up to 1900 cal but lately I only get around 1200. I've eaten less on certain days and that's probably when I get them.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    aggelikik wrote: »

Thanks mfp community.

I only asked as I started getting them when I started dieting. Never before did I have this issue. I check with the doc tomorrow.

It could be stress. It could be your diet includes things that are not safe for you. But, if you are truly having heart palpitations, whatever it is that triggered it, it is just uncovering an underlying issue. Since it is something new for you, you need a diagnosis. It could be something as simple as a deficiency in your diet. Or something as serious as a heart condition you had not realised you had. Unless your diet is supplemented by any drugs, supplements etc?
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    It is possible you aren't eating enough and have a nutritional deficiency causing it. It could be unrelated to your diet and be very serious - please see your doctor anyway.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I get them when my iron is very low, or when I'm stressed out and tired and have had too much caffeine. I'd see a doctor to rule out anything serious.
  • ATHLegal
    Options
    Thanks everyone.