Options
2»

Replies

• skysiebaby
    skysiebaby Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    skysiebaby wrote: »
    The title of this thread made me think of an Instagram post I just saw...sooo much mis-information there.

u9o3gkrch2w0.jpg

5, 6, 7, 8 are good steps.

The others are garbage.

Agreed!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    The title of this thread made me think of an Instagram post I just saw...sooo much mis-information there.

u9o3gkrch2w0.jpg

5, 6, 7, 8 are good steps.

The others are garbage.

Agreed!

Also 10. That should be a given for any stage in life anyway.
  • terar21
    terar21 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1", 109.8 pounds, and I still have a bit of a belly and some flab on my thighs and butt. I don't want to lose much more weight... maybe 2-3 pounds as a buffer so that I have a goal weight range instead of a goal weight number...
    I have been advised by many MFP peeps that I need to lift weights to help burn off the remaining fat.
    For some reason I can't find a routine that I can ease into.
    It is so much easier to jump on the elliptical than to keep track of different weight exercises and numbers of sets.
    I realize it's my own laziness and fear of trying something new that's holding me back.

Maybe you can do it though and that's why I am suggesting it.
    Others will probably be able to give you more specifics...
    Good luck!

You could use an app to make it much simpler. Some programs have an app (strong lifts) but I just use an app where I can load the exercises I have for a workout into a group. So I just select "workout a" and it populates all my lifts for that workout. Then I just enter the sets/reps I complete. Really simple and shows the progress I've made over time.
  • rigby619
    rigby619 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Great help. Currently following steps 5, 6, 7, 8 in the picture. I feel like progress is slow but coming along, I'm happy :-)

weight lifting is something I need to ease in too - going the gym at busy times doesn't help, should probably try some morning gyms sessions when the gyms quieter!
  • javalkarrohan
    javalkarrohan Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hi there. You can do all you need, but 70 - 90% results will be achieved through a proper diet. It is the key. Also there is this interesting exercise "The Plank Position". If you try that, I'm sure it will help. All you need to do is 3 sets of it, 30 seconds for each set. Works WONDERS for both men and women.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=TWpbe9nRySc

• DoreenaV1975
    DoreenaV1975 Posts: 567 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    terar21 wrote: »
    I'm 5'1", 109.8 pounds, and I still have a bit of a belly and some flab on my thighs and butt. I don't want to lose much more weight... maybe 2-3 pounds as a buffer so that I have a goal weight range instead of a goal weight number...
    I have been advised by many MFP peeps that I need to lift weights to help burn off the remaining fat.
    For some reason I can't find a routine that I can ease into.
    It is so much easier to jump on the elliptical than to keep track of different weight exercises and numbers of sets.
    I realize it's my own laziness and fear of trying something new that's holding me back.

Maybe you can do it though and that's why I am suggesting it.
    Others will probably be able to give you more specifics...
    Good luck!

You could use an app to make it much simpler. Some programs have an app (strong lifts) but I just use an app where I can load the exercises I have for a workout into a group. So I just select "workout a" and it populates all my lifts for that workout. Then I just enter the sets/reps I complete. Really simple and shows the progress I've made over time.

Thanks for the info @terar21 ... I'll check out the Strong Lifts app.
  • DoreenaV1975
    DoreenaV1975 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the info @usmcmp and @mccindy72.
  • amtru2015
    amtru2015 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    So obviously diet is your number one here but if you are looking for exercises that target lower abs?
    my two favorites are suitcases (youtube has a video) and tabatta planks
  • jneen29
    jneen29 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with the 10 Ways to Reduce Belly Fat... ha! Sugar and white flour products cause inflammation.
  • Drewlssix
    Drewlssix Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    jneen29 wrote: »
    I totally agree with the 10 Ways to Reduce Belly Fat... ha! Sugar and white flour products cause inflammation.

Inflammation isn't fat though. Sodium can cause retention, you can see it on the scale and even in the mirror but it's still not fat.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    jneen29 wrote: »

Sugar doesn't at all, and flour only will if you have Celiac disease. otherwise, no.