Thanks For telling me to get a scale

Options
pwh300
pwh300 Posts: 99 Member
So..My scale arrived yesterday...Found out a few things
YUP you were correct. Some things I under stated. Will be weighing things more now. Should
help me lose those 10 more pounds.
Thanks again

Anyone who was like me and waited...Don't it does make a difference..

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Yes it makes a big difference! Weighing food on a scale is much more accurate for sure! When I see these posts about ppl not losing, then look in their diary and see they likely aren't weighing, I just cringe ! It's a very important tool
  • ObiWanJacoby_
    ObiWanJacoby_ Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    Yes it makes a big difference! Weighing food on a scale is much more accurate for sure! When I see these posts about ppl not losing, then look in their diary and see they likely aren't weighing, I just cringe ! It's a very important tool

I'll second this!!! Folks are always eating more than what they actually think they are. Then they get the scale and realize what had been happening. Good luck!!! Don't forget to zero out when adding things together!!!! Lol
  • fliesdonotbelong
    fliesdonotbelong Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I feel a little obsessive weighing everything, and I certainly get some odd looks, but it makes a huge difference. I was overestimating the amount of meat I eat and underestimating the amount of crap, unfortunately it doesn't balance out.
  • NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Yay! Always good to hear when someone takes the advice given to them and is better off for it :) Good luck with that 10lbs!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Great to hear that! it is incredible how much difference weighing our food helps us log more accurately :smile:
  • rushfive
    rushfive Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    So good to hear you took the advice-- instead of the ones who through out "mean people" commits.
    Good Luck with the last few pounds ! :)
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Good to hear! A food scale is such an eye opener.
  • CM_73
    CM_73 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    It's frightening just how dense some foods actually are, isn't it!
  • Jgasmic
    Jgasmic Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    It is so awesome and sometimes sad all at the same time! (That's a tablespoon of mayonnaise?? :( ) But I'd much rather know before it goes into my mouth than find out when I weigh in!
  • drivenbonkers
    drivenbonkers Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Jgasmic wrote: »
    It is so awesome and sometimes sad all at the same time! (That's a tablespoon of mayonnaise?? :( ) But I'd much rather know before it goes into my mouth than find out when I weigh in!

That is the truth! When I first started logging, I ate first, then logged. WOW! what an eye opener. LOL, now I plan my meal, log it, then eat.

• avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Hey, I love this thread! It's heartening to see someone who took good advice and made it work.