Weight Training DVDs

Options
beck1967
beck1967 Posts: 17 Member
I am in search of some DVDs that would be STRICTLY weight/strength lifting, I don't want any cardio mixed in them. Any suggestions?

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    I use a lot of great youtube workouts for my strength training - Fitness Blender/ Hasfit and Jessica Smith to name a few :smile:
  • giusa
    giusa Posts: 577 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    ChaLEAN Extreme trains with dumbbells 3x a week, and interval/cardio/stretch/ab for the other days. It's a great program as a whole but i mostly use it for the three strength training work outs.

I've never heard of a lifting DVD program...there's books, I have the Starting Strength book which is extremely informative, there's also New Rules, Wendler and some others...
  • kelcarm75
    kelcarm75 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Cathe Freidrich STS is an incredible weight training series. Totally worth the price!
  • colors_fade
    colors_fade Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    StrongLifts 5x5. Medhi puts both workouts on YouTube. Easy to find. Two 30-minute workouts he labels "A" and "B". Take you 30-45 minutes to complete 3x per week. It's a great starting workout.
  • MsHulkMN
    MsHulkMN Posts: 81 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I do the Bob Harper Inside out method. It has some cardio involved but it is the only DVD that I have that really challenges me, as if I was in a gym! Got me ready for the Tough Mudder I did last summer!!!
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Most DVD workouts aren't structured in a format that follows traditional strength training because the workouts honestly just aren't varied enough from one exercise to the next to justify producing a video. Plus trying to keep looking at the TV screen during the exercises leads to poor form and injury. Most ideal weight training programs come in book/ebook format, NOT on video.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    P90x. You don't have to do the seperate cardio vids. :D