Stranger yet friendly

Options
Do you give a smile to the stranger whom we meet almost daily (While travelling to office or gym/tempel/chruch).....

Replies

• channadugger
    Options
    Absolutely. Always remember to smile. It looks good on ya! :happy:
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I take the NYC Subway to work, so not on the way to work ever.

However, I always smile at all the strangers I meet in stores, I meet see at the mall, walking the office, walking in the street. I live in NJ and people don't ever expect it, LOL
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Sure do! :happy:
  • raaiindrops
    raaiindrops Posts: 134
    Options
    While travelling to office there are few faces with whom i have never interacted but we acknowledge each other ( I travel by local train)
  • Justme030
    Justme030 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Always, something I notice is guys will wave when you pass them driving but girls don't haha. I will wave at a girl and unless they know me do not get a wave back.
  • bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Always :smile:
  • megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I always make eye contact and smile and usually say, "Good morning," or something. It bothers me when the person I'm passing doesn't make eye contact or acknowledge me.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    I smile at small children and animals.
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    I smile at small children and animals.

Well that's weird..
  • clobern
    clobern Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I smile and/or nod and/or say hi to almost everyone I see... except at work. I know them... -_-
  • Capt_Inzane
    Capt_Inzane Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I smile and try to make an attempt to say something to almost everyone. You never know who that person is and what they're thinking. A simple smile and a How are you today and ACTUALLY LISTEN to their response. Most the time I'll ask and get an automatic "good and you" or something similar. Every now and then someone will mention something and it's easier to strike up a conversation.

Something as simple as the weather being great could lead into a tid bit of knowledge about that person and who knows where that can go!
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    smiling always breaks the ice with strangers.

Sheldon__s_smile_by_demaniore.jpg
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    I smile at everyone. But I live in Canada, so smiling at people is pretty much the law here.
  • trailtripper
    Options
    I wave at almost everyone I meet. Most also get a smile and a quite hi:smile: A few get the one finger wave depending on their actions. :grumble: A rare few will get my personal attention because of their lack of social skills in public. :explode:
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Do you give a smile to the stranger whom we meet almost daily (While travelling to office or gym/tempel/chruch).....

You're running into this person an awful lot. If you see them at the office, the gym, the temple, and then at church it's a good bet that they're probably stalking you. Smiling at them will just encourage them to continue.
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    I took this to mean to *kitten* with the other hand
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    i try not to make eye contact, I hate people.
  • raaiindrops
    raaiindrops Posts: 134
    Options
    You got it completely wrong..............Not the same person you will surely not meet the same person everywhere you go.
    it is either office or gym or........

office or gym/tempel/chruch).....

You're running into this person an awful lot. If you see them at the office, the gym, the temple, and then at church it's a good bet that they're probably stalking you. Smiling at them will just encourage them to continue.
  • ornatelykate
    Options
    You're all very nice. I moved from Pennsylvania to New Jersey - in NJ people are mostly rude so I would find myself getting upset when I'd be overly nice and they weren't the same way back. Unfortunately, over time, I've been conditioned to only smile when someone smiles at me. ALSO sometimes guys assume a smile means you're interested - so I keep my head down! It's sad!
  • Morninglory81
    Morninglory81 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Eye contact and a smile. I have even been told that I made someone's day that way. It costs nothing and brightens my mood!