Night person or morning person?

Options
galgenstrick
galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
before losing some weight, I used to be a night person. I would stay up till 3am and sleep until noon. I just liked the night so much more.

Now after working out regularly, I'm in bed at 10:30pm and wake 6:30 every morning without an alarm clock. My favorite part of the day is the morning?! I don't even know how that happened, I used to hate getting out of bed. Now I just get up and hit the weights and love it.

This happen to any of you guys?

Replies

• samhennings
    samhennings Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Sort of. Never been a morning person, but the fact I simply will not work out after a long day meant I needed to get up and do it in the mornings.

I get up and do it fine, it works for my schedule.

However, I get up just the same on non work out days as well! Very frustrating!

Though my wife likes it, there is no arguing over who gets the lay in now lol
  • tribalista007
    tribalista007 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Me too! I'm actually a night shift worker (but only 2 nights a week). I've found when I do exercise regularly I suddenly shift into day walker mode and being my nocturnal self becomes more difficult.
  • kmab1985
    kmab1985 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I'm a morning person, always have been! I'm usually asleep by around 9-10pm and then wide awake at 6pm for work and school drop off....Although sometimes I think I get to much sleep as I can be really tired when my alarm clock goes off at 6pm but most mornings I'm a ray of sunshine!
  • Dani9585
    Dani9585 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I'm a night person. I really want to turn that around!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I'm neither. I don't like staying up late and I hate getting up in the morning.
  • njfitnessmom
    njfitnessmom Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I am such a morning person. I'm usually in bed no later than 10:30pm. During the week I'm up by 4:45am and on the weekends it's no later than 7:30am.
  • smelius22
    smelius22 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I'm totally a night person but I'm not allowed to be. I could stay up until 2 or 3 am every night watching tv in bed or hanging out with friends, but I can't because I work 9-5 and am a complete monster without 8 hours of sleep lol. So I FORCE myself to go to bed by 11pm.
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Night. And I Frign HATE it!
  • believeinme0430
    believeinme0430 Posts: 270 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I am a morning person now. I am up at 4:45am to work out and in bed by 9pm :)
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I am a morning person now. I am up at 4:45am to work out and in bed by 9pm :)

4:45, damn I have a bit to go before I get there haha.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I'm a morning person. 4:40 am every morning up and workout, or on rest day, go for a long walk. I love being outside early when very few people are around.
  • spears11b4
    spears11b4 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have always been a night person, even in highschool. Being an Infantryman in the Army didn't help either since 90% of our training was through the night and I did that for 11 years. I have been out now for 5 years and I am still that way. Going to bed at 2-3am and just popping awake at 8-9am. When I workout out a lot, sometimes I won't be tired for 36hours straight. I don't know if that's good or bad. I try and stick to walking or cardio, that doesn't seem to mess up my sleeping.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I am completely a morning person. I can remember climbing into my bunk in my dorm room at 10 pm, just as my roommate and her friends sat down to watch ER. I'd go to sleep with them watching TV feet away so that I could get up early for my classes because I always signed up for the earliest classes.

My sleep got messed up after having my daughter and I've never really gone back to good habits with it. Instead of going to sleep at 9:30 the way I should to get up at 5:15 or so, I tend to go to bed around that time and then read until midnight or later and then still get up at 5:15.