Ladies BELOW 5 ft tall? What was your starting & current weight? Do you use Mfp Suggestions?

Options
Fit4MyKidzz
Fit4MyKidzz Posts: 39 Member
Hi there Ladies! Trying to see how many "shorties" of us there are. I am only 4ft 10 and started a new mfp page yesterday for a new start. I am currently 225 lbs and mfp suggested me to start at 1490 calories a day. Seems high for me but if I eat anything below like 1350 a day I am really hungry. If you are under 5 ft, what was your starting weight and current weight and also do you go off of the mfp recommendations?

Replies

• grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I was over 5' at 5'1". High weight was 238. Started here two weeks later in January 2014 at 230 . I'm at 145.5 and have a ways to go yet (will stop somewhere between 115 - and 130.

I stuck to 1200 calories or close. That was MFP's recommendation. I, however, did not eat back exercise. But, I am a lot older than you and my metabolism is therefore significantly slower.

As things slowed, plateaued and it does get harder to stick to plan, I have been eating a little more based on my fitbit numbers. I try to keep a 500-1000 calorie a day deficit. I always eat 1200, but if I have an extra active day, I might eat more as long as the deficit is sufficient.

56604121.png
  • Fit4MyKidzz
    Options
    When you were 238 Mfp started you at 1200?
    I was over 5' at 5'1". High weight was 238. Started here two weeks later in January 2014 at 230 . I'm at 145.5 and have a ways to go yet (will stop somewhere between 115 - and 130.

I stuck to 1200 calories or close. That was MFP's recommendation. I, however, did not eat back exercise. But, I am a lot older than you and my metabolism is therefore significantly slower.

As things slowed, plateaued and it does get harder to stick to plan, I have been eating a little more based on my fitbit numbers. I try to keep a 500-1000 calorie a day deficit. I always eat 1200, but if I have an extra active day, I might eat more as long as the deficit is sufficient.

56604121.png

• christyataylor5luvs
    christyataylor5luvs Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hello I am 5' and my starting weight was 210 that was back in December of 2014 and my current weight is 177.. I started out counting calories on my own then was introduced to MFP 30days ago... and I do stick to the MFP recommendations
  • Fit4MyKidzz
    Options
    Thanks! I think I will give the 1490 a try because as I am being told it is based on age, activity level, weight and height.
    Hello I am 5' and my starting weight was 210 that was back in December of 2014 and my current weight is 177.. I started out counting calories on my own then was introduced to MFP 30days ago... and I do stick to the MFP recommendations

• christyataylor5luvs
    Options
    Jus stick to it you will do great... but jus remember if you are craving something then have the serving or a half of the serving... you can do more damage jus trying to find something to satisfy your craving...
  • Fit4MyKidzz
    Options
    Right! This is my 3rd Mfp acct so this time around I was like, I will give the Mfp suggestions a try since I never have. :)
    Jus stick to it you will do great... but jus remember if you are craving something then have the serving or a half of the serving... you can do more damage jus trying to find something to satisfy your craving...

• christyataylor5luvs
    Options
    Your on the right track hun! :)
  • Fit4MyKidzz
    Options
    Thanks for your help. I am Lora btw since we are now mfp friends :)
    Your on the right track hun! :)

• christyataylor5luvs
    Options
    Np!!!i am cat
  • Fit4MyKidzz
    Options
    Let's do this Cat! :D
    Np!!!i am cat

• christyataylor5luvs