How long does it take to get rid of "booze bloat"?

It's the Tuesday after a long weekend, and my scale isn't exactly my best friend this morning.
I wasn't TERRIBLE this weekend, but I ate some foods that aren't a part of my regular menu (lot's of chips and salsa, burgers, etc.) and of course, I topped it off with some cold adult beverages. I'm up 2.6 pounds this morning, which I know isn't the end of the world, but I haven't QUITE made the mental shift away from relying on the scale. I did track my calories and based on the numbers I got I don't think this is "real" weight gain, which leads me to believe it's just some nasty water weight.

In your experience, how long does it normally take for this bloat to disappear?

Replies

• 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    2-3 days. Drink lots of water and look for foods high in potassium. I'm often "up" Monday and sometimes Tuesday as well B)
  • girlalmighty08
    girlalmighty08 Posts: 130 Member
    Does 2.6 pounds sounds like a reasonable amount of bloat, or is there a chance it could be "real"? I just don't know how much is realistic to still be considered water weight, haha.
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    It goes away fairly quickly with good cardio and water. I do this every weekend.
  • fearlessleader104
    fearlessleader104 Posts: 723 Member
    One week for me.
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Does 2.6 pounds sounds like a reasonable amount of bloat, or is there a chance it could be "real"? I just don't know how much is realistic to still be considered water weight, haha.

2-4 pounds can absolutely be bloat. I have weighed daily for over 2 years and have seen this amount more times than I care to remember. I even saw 6 pounds... twice! It will go away if you get back the program and be patient.

• jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    from a calorie stand point there is probably no way u ate 7000 calories over maintenance. at most i would say 0.5lbs COULD be actual weight gain. but u can drop that pretty fast if u want! don't stress it will be gone shortly
  • kdz526
    kdz526 Posts: 210 Member
    It takes me 3 or 4 days to get it off. Then i'll hit what I was before the drinking and the next day i'll be lower and on track.