I need to lose 30 lbs

Options
i want to lose 30 pounds by the end of the summer. Any advice??

Replies

• boobeey
    boobeey Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    eat healthy lean meat alot of fruits and veggies and workout atleast 3 times a week
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    my first advice is dont give weight loss a time limit. but it is good to have goals. i always aim for 1lb a week. if it's more great but 1lb is pretty realistic atleast for the first while. also log everything accurately. good luck this really is a great system if u give it a chance !
  • SusanKing1981
    SusanKing1981 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Is 30lbs all you have in total to lose or is that your first goal? That's only 14 weeks away, which is more than 2lbs a week. I agree with ^^^ 1lb a week is a more realistic goal, you're not setting yourself up to fail.
  • allisontaylor84
    allisontaylor84 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have personally lost 25lbs in a three month time frame. It is possible with DISCIPLINE. Eating healthy and working our for at least 20 minutes 5 times a day helped me. I did taebo basic (found on youtube) which was only a 15-20 minute workout minus the warm up and cool down, and walked whenever I could. As far as eating, meal preparation was very helpful. I used Pinterest and Instagram to find easy recipes that were healthy but not the standard meat and veg, because I like Flavor! lol But you can do it! And with sites like this to track your eating and exercise you should not get discouraged!!! Good luck!
  • megdrey
    megdrey Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    faeriesue1 wrote: »
    Is 30lbs all you have in total to lose or is that your first goal? That's only 14 weeks away, which is more than 2lbs a week. I agree with ^^^ 1lb a week is a more realistic goal, you're not setting yourself up to fail.

I've already lost 25 lbs but I have a total of 30 more I want to lose. I'm going on vacation to the beach at the end of August and I want to feel the best I can
  • terbear1058
    terbear1058 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What is the best on demand exercise programs to check out? I have 30 lbs to lose ASAP, but my goal is 60 lbs total. I gained all of my weight over the last 2 years and I am too embarrassed to hit the gym just yet.
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options

I've already lost 25 lbs but I have a total of 30 more I want to lose. I'm going on vacation to the beach at the end of August and I want to feel the best I can
    [/quote]

how long did it take u to lose the first 25?
  • BASS3M
    BASS3M Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    30 pounds is easy, I lost over 60 and I'm transforming my body to how I want it to look. An excellent book to read with amazing advice and real results is called "The 4-Hour Body". Drink a glass of Cold water as soon as you wake up in the morning, and consume 30 grams of protein within the 1st 30 minutes of waking up, eat low carbs and clean carbs. Eat smaller meals, more often, I eat once every 3 hours. I have tips for ages but if you're stuck feel free to add me and send me a message.
  • jessilee119
    jessilee119 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    My two cents:
    1. Whatever you did to lose the first 25 keep doing that (adjusting calorie allotment as needed).
    2. Maybe try to have other non scale goals too. This way if you don't hit the weight goal you want you can look at what you did accomplish so you don't get down on yourself.
    3. Do strength workouts with cardio. I weigh more now than when I got married 5 years ago but my arms look better now because I've been working out which I didn't do then.

And congrats on your weight loss thus far.
  • mhankosk
    mhankosk Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    My two cents:
    1. Whatever you did to lose the first 25 keep doing that (adjusting calorie allotment as needed).
    2. Maybe try to have other non scale goals too. This way if you don't hit the weight goal you want you can look at what you did accomplish so you don't get down on yourself.
    3. Do strength workouts with cardio. I weigh more now than when I got married 5 years ago but my arms look better now because I've been working out which I didn't do then.

And congrats on your weight loss thus far.

This.