some lifestyle changes relating to alcohol, fast food and cooking

Options
Seigla
Seigla Posts: 172 Member
Ok it's a while ago that I made lifestyle changes, while the past changes I made have made a huge difference to my weight and my health in general; I don't buy any soda in the supermarket (so I hardly drink it), I drink a lot of water instead, I don't smoke anymore, I exercise regularly, etc.

The changes I will make:
1) Like I do with soda, I hereby also stop buying beer in the supermarket. I'll only buy it when I have guests.
2) I will not get fast food just by myself and I can only eat it once a week max with a friend (I eat it about 3x per week now).
3) I will cook at least once a week (often I make enough food for multiple days) and I will make food with a lot of vegetables. Now I often just eat bread, I eat with friends or I eat fast food.
4) I will eat less bread and see if I can find good alternatives for lunch (with more vegetables) that I can eat instead.

I hope that I can make these changes soon and that they will be as beneficial for my health as the previous changes.

Replies

• Seigla
    Options
    Ok so yesterday I went to supermarket and I did not get beer there, and I did not eat fast food and I am going to cook lunch now - so I have made a successful start with all of my four lifestyle changes :)

I already made so many lifestyle changes that were way more difficult than these. Quitting smoking for example. I know how it works; I know I shouldn't fool myself in thinking that it will be easy. I know motivation and discipline are very important. I really want to make these changes and I think they are realistic. The first month or so is the most difficult, after that it's starting to become the new normal.

Goals should be reasonable; for example I allow myself to eat fast food once per week. If I don't do that I get frustrated, and that's how many goals have failed in the past. If I have sticked to this new habit for some months I can change it to allowing myself to eat fast food only once or twice per month, but that's for later.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    there's a blog function in MFP you know :)
  • Seigla
    Options
    haha I'll see if I can find it... good point! ;)
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    You are doing great! Sounds just like me about eleven years ago . . . but took me THIS long to get serious about the 60 pound weight gain I experienced, sheesh!
  • Seigla
    Options
    @rabbitjb - ah I found out how the blog feature works... will write my personal stories there and will use the forum for questions and discussion. Thx again for the advice! :)

@atypicalsmith - thanks! :smiley:
    Well it took me some time too, but not that long, however I don't think it is strange, there are many changes in my life that took about a decade or more to make. I guess the longer it took you to get there, the prouder you should be about still being able to make the change! ;)