Have you been motivated by a picture?

Options
keekee_2
keekee_2 Posts: 29 Member
edited May 2015 in Getting Started
A friend posted a picture of me on Facebook. I did not think that I was that big! I was horrified! Has this happened to anyone else? It motivated me to really plan out my menus and log my food. It is the reason that I joined My Fitness Pal. In addition to wanting to be healthy. :smile:

I asked my family why they did not tell me how far astray I had gone but they did not want to hurt my feelings. I hardly ever look in a full length mirror. Oh well that has changed.

Day by day and decision by decision. I am looking for new friends. I am a newbie to MFP.

Replies

• Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel about the Facebook picture. Add me if you like. I am here everyday. Welcome and good luck. You can do this! :)
  • jsantus
    jsantus Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Yes! A picture of me with my brother & sister at my nephew's wedding is the reason I started my weight loss. I still look at it every once in a while to keep myself on track.
  • castroerica18
    castroerica18 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I agree, I saw my picture before I got pregnant and I could tell in my face I totally look different. I new in the app and looking for tips, and motivation.