Still feel fat after hitting goal :(

Options
TiffanyWallis
TiffanyWallis Posts: 3 Member
edited May 2015 in Motivation and Support
I can't go anywhere without someone asking me "how am I doing it" or complementing me... I get so embarrassed and change the subject. I still feel the same and I don't feel like I've changed much appearance wise. Anyone else feel this way???? I just feel like I still have fat places and work to do... But people say I'm crazy, and mom says don't lose too much etc but I just feel gross????

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I am looking at your avi and think that you certainly have changed in appearance and that you look great.

But I also get what you are saying. Keep in mind that you see yourself on a daily basis so that makes it harder to see the differences. Also, you see yourself without your clothes on whereas most other people do not. So you get to see all of the bits and pieces that you still feel need work but other people likely do not see them. For me, my stomach is a sore spot. But with my clothes on, nobody sees it, so most think that I am nutty for trying to lose more weight. A few weekends ago I actually ended up pulling my sister into a room to show her my stomach to "prove" that it needs work.

Try to accept the compliments for what they are--you do look really good--and then just keep chugging along with the detail work.
  • EuphonyChloeH
    EuphonyChloeH Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. It was hard to see results even after losing 10, 20, 30+ pounds because it's so gradual. And receiving complements can be daunting for sure, no matter how positive, because you feel like you're being put on the spot. I suggest focusing on all you've achieved in addition to appearance, especially how you feel-I'm sure its a lot better
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic, but I get it. I never really looked at myself for the past 15 years and suddenly aware of love handles. Almost scared to think about what they looked like a year ago and thankfully don't take many selfies. I was originally goaling for 220, but now reset this for 205. Honestly not so concerned with weight now and more focused on performance and output.