Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Juicing- Nastiest tasting mix

patentguru
patentguru Posts: 312 Member
I just downed a glass of juiced broccoli, asparagus, spinach and celery. Tasted nasty but I needed some fresh green chemicals. What do you add to these make them taste better?

Replies

• jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Pea protein.

Wait, you said "better"? Take out the asparagus and add some fruit.
  • Apples are a good sweetener
  • gddrdld
    gddrdld Posts: 464 Member
    A little fruit will change the flavor a lot. I also add vanilla protein powder and fresh ginger.
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    carrots, sweet potatoes, beets, peas. All are great sweeteners but will allow you to enjoy the taste of the vegetables as well.
  • 2Bhealthier2
    2Bhealthier2 Posts: 128 Member
    Lemon or lime might help. I juiced for two months so I hear you on the taste.
  • glorivas
    glorivas Posts: 10 Member
    Green apple or pineapple. I do spinach, kale, asparagus, celery and GREEN apple. Apple really makes a BIG difference!
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    I just downed a glass of juiced broccoli, asparagus, spinach and celery. Tasted nasty but I needed some fresh green chemicals. What do you add to these make them taste better?

Add fruit. It doesn't take much.
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    If you PM me, I'll introduce you to my friend. She makes the most bad-*kitten* juices!
  • patentguru
    patentguru Posts: 312 Member
    Thank you for the suggestions. I will try them.
  • SurfyFriend
    SurfyFriend Posts: 362 Member
    I love green juices, they are truly a great pre-workout snack making you feel light, energized and zingy (so long as you're already fueled)

Celery, cucumbers, apples or coconut water make the watery base
    Kale, parsley, silverbeet or english spinach give the dense nutrients
    Lemon, lime, grapefruit, orange, (peeled) plus a small amount of ginger gives dimension

To make it sweeter, increase apples.
    Yesterday I blended my juice with a few medjool dates and it was a creamy green smothie, and way more delicious than it sounds.