Taking it 1lb at a time

Options
Hi,
I'm Nic, 38 years young and mum of 3. The weight has been creeping on for sometime now but I really want to make a lifestyle change for myself and my family. I want to be a positive role model for my daughters and son. I currently weigh in at 190lbs which doesn't look good on my 5ft3in frame. I am getting to the stage that I dread special occasons. I even hate going to work as I just feel awful at the way I look. I gained a stone with each pregnancy and another half on top for my last child. I have set myself a goal of 50lbs to lose but ideally I would like another 14lbs on top of that but for now I am going to take it 1lb at a time. I am not a fan of gyms so I am going to attempt exercise at home starting with the couch to 5k programme and adding in some kettlercise along the way. I would love to hear from any like - minded ladies, especially any success or motivational stories.
Thanks for reading.
Nic

Replies

• ChinaLove23
    ChinaLove23 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for new pals to stay motivated.
    A little about me. I had the weight loss surgery and now I'm working out to get to my goal of 200 lbs. I was almost 400 lbs when I started this journey. But now I want to help motivate others while maintaining my motivation.
    I pretty much decided it was time for a change when I went to Europe. Everyone looked so fit. And here I was 21 almost 400lbs and African American in a foreign country. Not a good look.
    Working out at home didn't work for me as well. I had to remove myself from where I ate, drank and slept. Honestly, I know you hate the gym but in all honesty it will motivate you more. At the gym no one is there truly judging you. At least I hope not. If they are, excuse my language *kitten* them. You are there working on you and that's what's important. Be you and workout. Working out at home is a battle. But once u get to that gym, the atmosphere, the sweat it's all worth it. Let home be home where u relax.
    I do work out about 4-5 times a week. For an 30minutes to an 1hr. I have a personal trainer and she is a beast. Lol a little joke, I call her my Dom and I'm the sub.

Please add me! =]
    Also u can add me on Instagram @imjustapoet

Tiara
  • CatHunterFit
    CatHunterFit Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hi both,

I've reached my goal, and have maintained my weight for 6 years. Add me if you need any help or motivation :)