Anyone with PCOS?

Options
Hey! I just wondered if any ladies out there were struggling with PCOS and the difficulties it brings?

Would be great to find any fellow sufferers!

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,003 Member
    Options
    I have a few ovarian cysts, but my big struggle is with fibroids, and the resulting tiny bladder and heavy bleeding.
  • msty112
    msty112 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with PCOS about 3 years ago and also suffer from hypothyroidism. Losing the extra weight has helped me tremendously with my PCOS symptoms and I no longer require hormonal birth control to regulate my cycles.
  • Kelsee_Gelene
    Kelsee_Gelene Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    msty112 wrote: »
    I was diagnosed with PCOS about 3 years ago and also suffer from hypothyroidism. Losing the extra weight has helped me tremendously with my PCOS symptoms and I no longer require hormonal birth control to regulate my cycles.

I have recently been diagnosed with PCOS. I've read that it may be harder to lose weight with PCOS? Did you find that to be true? I am just beginning my weight loss journey!

• minkky
    minkky Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I have pcos. You can add me if I want. I log everyday.
  • msty112
    msty112 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    msty112 wrote: »

I have recently been diagnosed with PCOS. I've read that it may be harder to lose weight with PCOS? Did you find that to be true? I am just beginning my weight loss journey!

Yes, a little at first. As you start losing your hormones should start to balance out some. I just know I have to work a little harder at it. Weight loss is the most important thing you can do for PCOS though, so it does kind of suck that it makes it more difficult.
  • AthenaRox
    AthenaRox Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Is there a group on here for PCOS? I am finding it very hard to lose weight
  • loren0911
    loren0911 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with pcos 22 years ago. At that time, the only solution was to throw you on birth control. That gave me a blood clot. Maintaining my weight and watching sugar has been the only thing that worked. (I tried it all) I did, however, develop type II diabetes. If only I'd known then what I know now....
  • minkky
    minkky Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    There is a group for it. It's listed under popular groups. I'm sorry I don't know how to do the nifty link for it on my post. It's called pcosisters I think.
  • humblemonkey
    humblemonkey Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS and didn't truly struggle with weight until after having a child. Now I am really fighting to lose weight-- you can add me if you want!
  • Evelyn73
    Evelyn73 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS. Diagnosed several years ago. Have struggled with weight loss for years. You can add me if you want.