Sore muscles?!?!

Options
2»

Replies

• hiaaitsmegan2
    hiaaitsmegan2 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about taking a bath tonight because after my workout they hurt twice as bad lol
  • lauracups
    lauracups Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I found doing pressure massage with foam roller helps A LOT. Hurts like a $!#@# during though, but after the knots are gone.
  • morowinder
    morowinder Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    The best way to minimize that pain is to exercise those muscles again before you reach Day 2 SuperDOMS. I'd suggest going ahead with your workouts, as scheduled. The worst thing you can do is follow leg day with several days of ignoring those muscles, because that's likely to make the soreness worse.

I agree with this, no matter how sore you are, you should work those muscles again. At least light exercise between leg days will actually help with soreness.
    There is no harm in working sore muscles, unless you have actual pain in muscles or joints.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    _benjammin wrote: »
    ...And do I wait till the soreness goes away till I work out my lower body again? And how long before it goes away?
    No, don't wait. It will gradually not be as bad but I will say my legs and glutes have been "sore" for nearly 2 years of squatting 3 times a week. Eventually it's a "good sore".

Yep, can't beat the bit of a struggle getting off the toilet the day after a good leg workout.
  • hiaaitsmegan2
    hiaaitsmegan2 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Packerjohn wrote: »
    _benjammin wrote: »
    ...And do I wait till the soreness goes away till I work out my lower body again? And how long before it goes away?
    No, don't wait. It will gradually not be as bad but I will say my legs and glutes have been "sore" for nearly 2 years of squatting 3 times a week. Eventually it's a "good sore".

Yep, can't beat the bit of a struggle getting off the toilet the day after a good leg workout.

I thought I was the only one
  • headwind2015
    headwind2015 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Try doing light cardio like cycling or swimming to help with your soreness.
  • kdt000
    kdt000 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    morowinder wrote: »
    The best way to minimize that pain is to exercise those muscles again before you reach Day 2 SuperDOMS. I'd suggest going ahead with your workouts, as scheduled. The worst thing you can do is follow leg day with several days of ignoring those muscles, because that's likely to make the soreness worse.

I agree with this, no matter how sore you are, you should work those muscles again. At least light exercise between leg days will actually help with soreness.
    There is no harm in working sore muscles, unless you have actual pain in muscles or joints.

Yep! Agree with both. It makes a big difference. My legs, arms and back are sore from my Monday workout. I went and got on an elliptical yesterday. Today I noticed my legs aren't as sore, but my back and arms that I didn't really work, are.