Calories

Options
does anyone else find that they feel as though they're eating plenty yet MyFitnessPal says that they're way under limit?
What could I even eat that is high in calories but low in fat, sugar and carbs?

Replies

• lvllt
    lvllt Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Nuts Greek yoghurt
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    feelings are pretty irrelevant. the human body is a machine and that machine requires energy (calories) as well as nutrients to function optimally.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    How 'low' in fat, sugars & carbs does it need to be? Cause that basically leaves you with nothing but pure protein.

Restrictions aside - the answer is always either peanut butter or ice cream.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    How 'low' in fat, sugars & carbs does it need to be? Cause that basically leaves you with nothing but pure protein.

Restrictions aside - the answer is always either peanut butter or ice cream.

ITS ALL ABOUT THE PROTEIN MAN
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Unless you want to drink protein smoothies for the rest for your life, nothing...more Carbs/sugar/fat and proper amount of calories are good for your body and help it run smoothly. Not eating them won't help you lose weight long term and its not pretty to start losing your hair from malnutrition ;)

Of course, MFP cant give you the exact amount of calories to eat but it should be pretty close to what you need if you filled everything out properly.
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I usually just drink some nonfat milk for dinner if I'm way too low on my calories, but that's not often these days.
  • bethanyplummerxo
    bethanyplummerxo Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    CurvyToFit wrote: »
    Unless you want to drink protein smoothies for the rest for your life, nothing...more Carbs/sugar/fat and proper amount of calories are good for your body and help it run smoothly. Not eating them won't help you lose weight long term and its not pretty to start losing your hair from malnutrition ;)

Of course, MFP cant give you the exact amount of calories to eat but it should be pretty close to what you need if you filled everything out properly.

It's just weird because I thought I ate a lot lately!
    Maybe I'm not filling it out as well as I thought. Would nuts be a good option to help build up my calorie intake?

• Soopatt
    Soopatt Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    You are here to lose weight right? Starvation mode is not a thing and if you sometimes have a bigger deficit, more power to you as you will lose weight more quickly. It is simply not true that eating too little stalls weight loss. It is not mentally healthy to overdo it, but if you have the odd day where you feel like eating next to nothing, go with it, why force food down?

It can't be a mystery - if you really feel you can't eat enough, just eat as you did before you started your weight loss journey for a day or two.