boost diet

Options
It's honestly just a simply question
If I drink Boost (that shake that's high in protein and just everything else you need)
Instead of a meal. Or perhaps something small with that
Do you think I could lose weight that way?
Thank you

Replies

• Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I rather eat food!!

I lost weight the old fashion way, eating at an reasonable healthy deficit and exercised equal weight loss. You didn't put the weight on over night, it's going to take some time to come off.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Your other thread was about diet pills and diet gummies.

Stop looking for quick fixes.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    You will lose weight if you consume fewer calories than you burn no matter what you eat.

Doing something like a Boost diet or Special K diet results in weight loss because the foods are low in calorie and your total calories in end up being less than total calories out.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    I think you would be unhappy drinking all of your calories. I've done Slim Fast and do not recommend it. This site told you how many calories you need to lose--why not eat those calories?
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Simple answer: Yes, you will lose weight if you have an overall calorie deficit.

Wouldn't it be more fun to lose weight eating real food that you love though?
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    The simple answer is your entire calorie intake matters for weight loss. Not one meal.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    If the Boost shake has more calories than the meal you would eat, it will most likely hinder your weight loss. If the Boost shake has fewer calories than the meal you would eat, it will most likely help your weight loss. I'm a bit confused about your confusion...?
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    No.
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    have u tried boost? ugh gross. thats what i recommend at the seniors home i work at when people have trouble chewing food. yum!
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    have u tried boost? ugh gross. thats what i recommend at the seniors home i work at when people have trouble chewing food. yum!

I was thinking the exact same thing -my grandmother drinks nothing but chocolate boost. Those things (even the high-protein ones) aren't that high in protein (I can get more protein from 150g of plain Greek yogurt for 150 fewer calories).