What do you pack for lunch?

Options
2»

Replies

• kimw91
    kimw91 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    A big salad (tuna, salmon, lentil and goat cheese, asian chicken), a piece of fruit and a protein bar.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I like to freeze soups, stews, chili, stuffed peppers, meatballs, etc in single servings. Pull one and go in the morning. I also label each serving with calorie counts, but I really don't have to anymore since it's easy to just log one serving from mfp
  • abetterluke
    abetterluke Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Leftovers from last night's dinner.

This.

On the days when there are no leftovers (like if I eat out or if we make something that would be too much of a pain to put together at work) then I usually just bring a PB&J sandwich and some snacks (almonds, etc.)

Sometimes I go out too but it's kind of difficult to find healthy food around my work. I mean it's there but it's not cheap....
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I like to make big batches of something and eat it as lunches for a week or more (or, freeze some and alternate with another batch of something). I have a convenient lunch sized thermos. I've been taking this lazy enchilada casserole a lot lately: iowagirleats.com/2013/03/25/lazy-girls-chicken-enchilada-casserole/, although I reduce the cheese on top and add in some black beans.

I also take some other things for afternoon snacks, such as half of a Quest bar, a banana chocolate chip muffin (runningwithspoons.com/2014/06/24/banana-oat-greek-yogurt-muffins/), some fruit, etc.

I'm looking into ways to bring wraps or burritos and such too, but my work doesn't have a microwave or a fridge, so I'm still thinking about what to do with those.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    For awhile I did big salads (lettuce, plus whatever veg I had that week) topped with an ounce or 2 of ham or turkey (sometimes a tuna pouch). But after several months I burnt out on them and couldn't even look at a salad without feeling an aversion to it. I'm still not too crazy about them... lol

Now, I take pre-portioned leftovers. This week it's been split pea soup. Sometimes it's cajun meatloaf with rice and green beans. I've made a Ceasar pasta salad that's pretty yummy - it's got grilled chicken, pasta, tomatoes, green onions, parm cheese and romaine lettuce tossed in a ceasar dressing.
  • opalquartz
    opalquartz Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I usually bring an arugala salad with feta, a mini cucumber, and a dressing of olive oil/basalmic/spices. That plus a peach or banana, and some nuts or a protein bar, usually does the trick.
  • ShortMrsN
    ShortMrsN Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Salad of baby spinach, tomatoes, cucumber, feta, avocado, red or green onion, sunflower seeds,
    Miso soup with green onion, fried shallots, baby spinach and rice that has been squished in an Onigiri mould (pour soup over the top..... yum)
    Sushi
    Raw veges with a dipping sauce (today with homemade mayo and sweet chilli sauce mixed together)
    Leftovers.

I only work part time (full day on Sunday) so don't have to pack lunch often, but these are my current favourites :)
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    My work lunch is usually a peanut butter and honey sandwich (100 calorie sandwich flat, 1 serving of peanut butter, half a serving of honey), some pretzels and greek yogurt with honey.