Results?

Options
They say it takes 4 weeks for you to notice a change in your body, 8 weeks for your friends and family to notice, and 12 weeks for the world to see. I'm only on day 2 of my journey to a happy, healthy, confident body, and I'm excited for the upcoming weeks when I can finally see a change. I'm also nervous that I won't last that long and by the end of the summer I'll be exactly where I started. What are your best tips to keep motivated, especially for someone who quickly loses interest?

Replies

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,718 Member
    Options
    That wanting, waiting for, and expecting motivation is a recipe for failure. You don't need motivation - you need a livable, sustainable plan. Then just do it. Don't think about it, don't debate with yourself whether you should or not. Just stick to plan.

Same way you go to work, clean the house, do the laundry, etc. All essential things to improve the quality of your life. Same thing with eating well and being active.
  • praksindiafit
    praksindiafit Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Same way you go to work, clean the house, do the laundry, etc. All essential things to improve the quality of your life. Same thing with eating well and being active.
    Interesting.. but easier said than done.. i am one too.. low on motivation.. for me logging in everyday at mfp works.. little motivation from the new sweet friends i have made here.. and being in the forums regularly and reading success stories of ppl here keeps me going 20 -25 days here.. i hope to keep going.. and yes make it my lifestyle to be and keep fit :)
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,718 Member
    Options
    Oh definitely, @praksindiafit. And everyone is different. It really takes trial and error to find out what works for you and what doesn't. Just tossing an idea out there.

Reading the success stories is always something I suggest as well. The pictures are great, but inevitably posters ask, "How did you do it?" and they always list many different things that we can all learn from.
  • praksindiafit
    praksindiafit Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    @BZAH10 oh yehh