Trying to find my former self

Options
REiiGN15
REiiGN15 Posts: 12 Member
Hi, I'm Aaron,
For far too long I've neglected my health. I didn't see the need to worry. Nobody else worries about my weight and I guess I accepted others too who were overweight.

This year didn't start off great and it's been a roller coaster. I'm 230 lbs right now, probably the biggest I've been. I like to eat, and I'll make excuses about what I'm eating, which was usually bad. Ate out too much. If I did cook it wasn't the best for me. Being lonely and depressed doesn't help either.

I've literally hit a wall though. My depression is still here and eats at me but I'm trying to tackle it and figure if I do this I am not alone. I've started to change my lifestyle of playing videogames all the time(actually sold the consoles) and I now started couch to 5k and go to the gym and do Stronglifts 5x5.

Here lies the problem...when I workout, I don't have the mind of a beginner. I'm not actually, I'm a Marine who in his last year of service was 180(5'8"). I lifted so much and ran my Marines around. That was 10 years ago though. I let the carefree-ness of civilian life consume me. So when I workout, my mind plays tricks on me like I can be like I was, and I injure myself. I'm not as young as I was and not surrounded by like the greatest support group ever.

So I'm using myfitnesspal with my Microsoft Band and we're going to tackle this one day at a time.

My goal is to be 200 or less by September 19th. Sept 18th is my b-day but my favorite run comes to town on the 19th, Gladiator Rock n Run 5k mud run hosted by Nitro from American Gladiators(80s/90s). Done it the last 2 years but still wasn't in great shape for them and I want to destroy this fat body of mine to give that race all I got and have it be the start of something greater.

Replies

• DeeBerning
    DeeBerning Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I've done this before and MFP is always a major part of my journey. The last time I was using this site I lost 45 pounds. Yeah me! But then life happened and I let stress and depression win the battle. I put 30 of those pounds back on and I am NOT happy and just don't feel good. I'm back at it and more determined than ever.

The stress is not gone and won't be for some time BUT I am NOT letting have the control or power anymore.

I've got a total 80 pounds I'd like to lose from here. If you'd like some support, I will be on here daily. I promise to cheer on your victories and give you support when you need a kick in the behind. All I ask is that you provide the same....

Send me a friend request if interested.... and, good luck on your journey. Let's kick FATS butt!