Needed to motivate myself, so took pictures

Options
jessiruthica
jessiruthica Posts: 412 Member
My weight loss has slowed down a bit as of late, as expected. I'm 60lbs down from where I started on the way to an 80lbs-lost goal. They say you should expect/aim for .5-1lb per week with 20lbs to lose. But after a relatively easy journey up to this point, it can be a little discouraging not to see the same larger weekly weight losses. So I got out my fat pants; the ones that were too tight when I started and which were one of the motivators to start the process in the first place.

76A79C86-5EC6-4A3C-8FEA-B33D4F93C569_zpsk2fzwjtx.jpg

These jeans are Old Navy 18s but I really should have been wearing 20s. Now I can comfortably wear 12s and can fit-but-not-well into 10s.

I needed these photos today to remember that I have come a long way from where I started. And as success breeds success, I'll use this reminder as motivation to continue. Wish me luck!

Replies

• mmnv79
    mmnv79 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Well done! Way to go!
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    You are looking pretty dang amazing!! I'm battling that last 20 pounds too and it is slow going, but what's the alternative? Either get OK with the status quo, or soldier on. The status quo is NOT an option so I'll keep going and so will you!!
  • viciouslitany
    viciouslitany Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling, sister. Good job!
  • zsuana
    zsuana Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    excellent, well done and good luck! so happy for you..
  • GenElizabeth
    GenElizabeth Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Nice job!!! A 10 is a great size! Congrats. :smile:
  • incognitocity
    incognitocity Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!! Way to go!!
  • k9mom2898
    k9mom2898 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Taking the pictures is a great idea and you look great! I can't wait for my jeans to fit like that! Keep up the good work - slow, but sure.
  • ccourcha
    ccourcha Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Excellent work!
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • LaceyBirds
    LaceyBirds Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Congrats! This is soooo excellent, and a great way to show progress. I hope to do the same one day.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!