Rotator Cuff

Options
Has anyone had a rotator cuff injury ? If so how did you heal it ? And how long did it take ?

Mines driving me nuts and just won't heal.

Cheers guys

Replies

• yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,476 Member
    Options
    I injured mine in november and it didn't really heal until the end of april. I did physical therapy for that month so maybe that's what helped. Nothing was torn thankfully, after the MRI I was diagnosed with tendinosis on 2 of the tendons in there.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    I've injured both of mine, at different times. Both were from repetitive high movements.

I went for physiotherapy and got a series of exercises to do nightly, involving resistance bands and very light weight (2 lbs -- I was embarrassed to buy that dumbbell, lol). Things started feeling better after about 3 weeks, and I would say completely healed after 6.
  • StereophoneyGaz
    StereophoneyGaz Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Cheers guys, mine seems to be worse after high rep exercises and my bench press is practically non existent now. Trip to the physio I think
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Mine was either a rotator cuff, or a tendon issue in my shoulder. It was awful at the beginning of the year, and I'm finally just starting to feel like I can lift weights again. I'm going to start with light stuff the first week of June, but I've been out of weightlifting since I was literally unable to raise my outstreched palm above my head in early January, so it's finally just starting to come around after five months.
  • amisbest
    amisbest Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I had 3 complete tears in my rotator and had surgery in June of 15. It is now November and after pretty extensive rehab, I have pretty much recovered. I am a tennis player and the Doc has still not given me a green light to play tennis or golf. He said 6 months from surgery and 1 full year to complete recovery. I still exercise virtually every day to stretch and strengthen my shoulder and arm. Partial tears are not as debilitating, but if you are experiencing pain see your Doc. Rehab and shots are plan A, surgery is not fun and takes a lot of patience to recover.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    I've injured mine when I unexpectedly put all my weight on it around thanksgiving last year
    I did physio and that helped, but it still acts up when I use my upper body too much. I generally incorporate some of the exercises when I am working out to continue strengthening the joint