whats the best exercises?

Options
2»

Replies

• hungryhobbit1
    hungryhobbit1 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    the best exercises for losing weight are exercises you will actually DO. be that walking, running, biking, going to the gym, swimming, hiking, kickboxing, karate, zumba, or videos like The Firm, 30 Day Shred, P90X, Insanity, Turbo Jam, etc. It doesn't matter WHAT you do....the important thing is to do something that you ENJOY (most especially when you're just starting out, but this holds true even for seasoned exercisers). If you don't enjoy it, you will be more likely to come up with excuses to not do it (then then actually NOT do it). :)
    We have a winner.

^^^^^^^ this. Don't listen to people who try to make you feel like your favorite exercise is somehow unacceptable.

HOWEVER do mix in some strength training with your cardio workouts. Whatever works for you, whether it's body weight exercises like push ups/modified push ups, yoga, or lifting weights in a gym. Start with what *you* can do and don't worry about what other people are doing. You'll see better results if you do some strength training.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    sex

Makes me too tired and extremely hungry afterwards (all day) - which means I have to eat over my calorie intake. He is not a ten minute or quickie guy.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    calorie deficit built into your diet for weight loss; exercise for fitness. exercise isn't a requirement for weight loss...it is a requirement for good health and fitness.
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    sex

I wish that was on here as an exercise! haha!

I swear I looked for it the other day and it wasnt there...:ohwell:
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Any of them.

..or...

None of them.

Weight loss is about diet, not exercise.
  • dltaylorii
    dltaylorii Posts: 132
    Options
    sex

But aren't you supposed to keep your heart rate up for more than two minutes for it to count as exercise? Wait... what?!?
  • mfreeman0921
    mfreeman0921 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I just started doing boot camp classes last week. They are so good! Your entire body gets a great workout, and the workouts change every class so your body doesn't get used to them. If you can get into a boot camp class I think it would really pay off. My body has been sore (in a good way) since the first day I started so I know it's working :)
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is about calorie deficit.

However, the best exercise is the one(s) you will do with consistency, wheterh you are motivated or not.
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is about calorie deficit.

However, the best exercise is the one(s) you will do with consistency, whether you are motivated or not.
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    If you really want to work up a sweat, go run when it's hot and humid.
  • Lochlyn_D
    Lochlyn_D Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Elliptical. It gets your whole body moving and burns the most calories.
  • jaygreen55
    jaygreen55 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    sex

I wish that was on here as an exercise! haha!

It's listed here. Unfortunately it's not as much as we might like

http://caloriecount.about.com/activities-sexual-activity-ac14
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    fork put downs followed by hill sprints*

*requires a certain level of fitness.
  • bio01979
    bio01979 Posts: 313
    Options
    Swimming is supposed to be great, as uses all the muscles

tends to be one of the highest calorie burners too :)

But I agree with the best exercise is the one you enjoy or will actually do :)
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    If you really want to work up a sweat, go run when it's hot and humid.
    How many more calories do you figure you're burning off by running when it's hot and humid, instead of comfortable, or even cold?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,679 Member
    Options
    Fork put downs. :laugh:

Losing weight is more about how much you eat rather than what exercises you do.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition