negative thinking

Options
It seems to be the negative self talk that really derails me. Whenever I have a negative thought about myself, I try to counteract the thought with a positive one. Any thoughts? I would appreciate your advice.

Replies

• Voncreepy2
    Voncreepy2 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Like even though i feel fat there is more of me to love? Seriously though we are our own worst critics and with 3 pregnancys in the last 5 years I know my body image is altered severely. i know my husband and my family love me but it is hard when you don't love yourself the way you are or you just don't feel good or "sexy' anymore. Makes me grouchy!!!!!
  • LongMom
    LongMom Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I grew up surrounded by negative nellies and I have had to literally train my brain to become the positive person I am today.

It's like anything, you push yourself and keep doing it over and over and over and over again and voila, you've changed!
  • GooBeGone
    GooBeGone Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    i read abt doin this 1 time & as soon as i get a mirror in my bedroom i'm gonna do it.

take a dry erase marker & every time u have a negative thought, write ur positive thought on the mirror. so next time u'll just c it b4 the negative thought has a chance 2 even enter ur mind.

And usin the dry erase marker allows u 2 erase & add more things up there whenever u wish. :smile:

This is good 4 puttin goals up there as well. :flowerforyou:
  • lisalynn35
    lisalynn35 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Before I had my LapBand surgery the per-surgery doctor told me that I was taking myself too seriously and gave me a homework assignment. Everyday for one minute she said I should look in the mirror and laugh, just laugh. This was more than a year ago and and I still do it (yup, every day), it really works on getting the negitivity out of your head.
  • yellowchick79
    Options
    Thanks for all the great advice! The support is wonderful!
  • Allibaba
    Allibaba Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I have days where I feel bad about myself, but I just keep on making changes to make myself who I want to be and I try not to get discouraged. I think that I need to make more of a conscious effort to praise myself for who I am inside and out :) Thanks for the reminder!