OMG do you wrap?

Options
There are ppl spending $ on these... Is it so hard to do a little workout and eat well???

https://www.facebook.com/ItWorksBodyWrapsWithJaime

Replies

• misfit34
    misfit34 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I went to a party for this because a friend of mine was selling them. I did try it once at the party, but when I broke out in to a horrid rash for about two weeks, well, it was a "wrap" for me. Have not used them again.
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Yes but I prefer saran wrap and high heels :tongue:
  • freebirdjones
    Options
    I was under the assumption the only way to lose fat was a deficit? So what exactly are they losing and will it last? they are spending tons of money?
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Just shifting some water around and maybe sweating some out.
  • mammakisses
    mammakisses Posts: 604 Member
    Options

Haha love it
  • cherryd69
    cherryd69 Posts: 340
    Options
    OMG who wouldnt!!

Look at the amazing results!!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQWLu_EkoPX9LG_vKc9KOWLrOU7QctQLVuaDwXCP6wr0_S8K7-NBQ
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    Ughhh. My friend sells these.
  • freebirdjones
    Options

has she ever told you how it works scientifically or if it's fat loss? Because I feel like they are all being scammed. It's super expensive and I bet once they drink water they will balloon back up. To me it's like a 1000 cal diet, how can you introduce foods in again. Like both are equally a waste of time? no?

I'd love to have a debate with someone who tries to sell this to un-informed people.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    So what exactly are they losing and will it last?
    What are they losing? Money. And it lasts as long as they keep paying to get scammed.

has she ever told you how it works scientifically or if it's fat loss? Because I feel like they are all being scammed. It's super expensive and I bet once they drink water they will balloon back up.
    Your intuition (e.g., the bolded parts above) is correct.
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options

has she ever told you how it works scientifically or if it's fat loss? Because I feel like they are all being scammed. It's super expensive and I bet once they drink water they will balloon back up. To me it's like a 1000 cal diet, how can you introduce foods in again. Like both are equally a waste of time? no?

I'd love to have a debate with someone who tries to sell this to un-informed people.
    I'm not sure. I've always ignored any talk of the wraps.
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options

Haha love it

I cant work anymore, my mind is going in a totally new and more interesting direction.
  • freebirdjones
    Options
    her reply to my question:

It Works! Body Wraps With Jaime -Independent Distributor: Because its working on your fat cells that's how! Shrinking and detoxifying your fat cells

A funny quote I found for her:

"One of the problems with ‘detoxes’ is that they are very vague—What toxins are being removed? From where? And how? These questions are rarely answered, because most detox plans lack any real scientific basis. In fact, I recently challenged a room of 90+ fitness professionals to show me any evidence in humans (not mice or in test tubes) that lemon detoxifies your liver, and no one could come up with anything."
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Because its working on your fat cells that's how! Shrinking and detoxifying your fat cells
    Ask her which specific toxins they're removing. As with just about any "detox/cleanse" advocate, you'll either get a load of pseudoscience or something along the lines of "U no, TEH TOXINZZZZZ!". Most MLM sales people don't know anything beyond what's provided to them in the marketing propaganda, whether they call themselves "coaches" or whatever other lofty title beyond "huckster/salesperson" is bestowed upon them.
  • freebirdjones
    Options
    Because its working on your fat cells that's how! Shrinking and detoxifying your fat cells
    Ask her which specific toxins they're removing. As with just about any "detox/cleanse" advocate, you'll either get a load of pseudoscience or something along the lines of "U no, TEH TOXINZZZZZ!". Most MLM sales people don't know anything beyond what's provided to them in the marketing propaganda, whether they call themselves "coaches" or whatever other lofty title beyond "huckster/salesperson" is bestowed upon them.

lol I just cant believe someone can just take money from regular people. I've offered to everyone in her group FREE advice, which takes up my time, but I can't believe the claims from a "wrap" LOL :laugh: I asked her which toxins :noway:
  • msliu7911
    msliu7911 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    No, but I can beat box.
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    No, but I can beat box.

Best reply ever. Well that and the pic of actual wraps that you can eat.
  • rainavsfood
    rainavsfood Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm so tired of hearing about fat wraps. These do not work - Hello 'quick fix'. Come on people... :noway:
  • JoanB5
    JoanB5 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I love a nice wrapped gift, but I'll swear...gift bags are just so much easier and faster!
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I love a nice wrapped gift, but I'll swear...gift bags are just so much easier and faster!

And much easier to reuse.
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Two quotes come to mind:

George Carlin: "If you nail together two things that have never been nailed together before, some schmuck will buy it".

P. T. Barnum: "There's a sucker born every minute".