Black Bean Dip

Options
tlab827
tlab827 Posts: 155 Member
I am a snacker, always was and always will be. I was the girl who couldn't put down a bag of potato chips until the bag was empty. I've since been trying to change my dirty little ways and find better snacking choices because, lets face it, I like the crunch, I like the salt, it makes me happy and i'm going to do it anyway.

I've been making my own hummus, playing around with different flavors, using fresh veggies as dippers, and trying out different types of whole grain crackers. I recently came across a recipe for a black bean dip and had all of the ingredients so I made it and last night I made it again for about the 5th time. It's safe to say this recipe is a keeper. Feel free to tweek it, if you're not a fan of garlic I would only use a half a clove. I use a giant whole clove and its got a nice kick. Personally I enjoy having garlic breath all day :)

1 can black beans
1 clove garlic
1 1/2 tbs Tahini
Juice from 1/2 lemon (about 2 tbs)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp cayanne pepper
1 1/2 tsp cumin

Blend in food processor until smooth and enjoy!

Side Note: As I was typing this out I was picturing myself spreading this on a wrap or pita sandwich for some extra flavor. *runs to kitchen*

Replies

• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    yummy, black beans are so so good for you, I have them daily, thanks.
  • AleciaG724
    AleciaG724 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Yum, thanks! I use something similar and a good snack is a corn tortilla schmeared with black bean spread. Roll tighly & spray with cooking spray. Bake at 375 for 12-15 minutes, turning half way through. I never would have put tahini in it, but I do use it in hummus, so will try it next time!
  • paday
    paday Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I make a bean dip with black beans, shoepeg corn, onion, diced tomato, cilantro, and lime juice. It is so good, colorful/pretty, and fresh tasting! No blending, just toss everything together.
  • tlab827
    Options
    Yum, thanks! I use something similar and a good snack is a corn tortilla schmeared with black bean spread. Roll tighly & spray with cooking spray. Bake at 375 for 12-15 minutes, turning half way through. I never would have put tahini in it, but I do use it in hummus, so will try it next time!

You had me at warm corn tortilla!
  • tlab827
    Options
    I make a bean dip with black beans, shoepeg corn, onion, diced tomato, cilantro, and lime juice. It is so good, colorful/pretty, and fresh tasting! No blending, just toss everything together.

Oh yeah, I like the addition of corn and tomato. A nice 'South of the Boarder' twist!
  • teamstanish
    teamstanish Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Yum, now I'm hungry!
  • mandeenicoleb
    mandeenicoleb Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Bump

amazing I will try soon!
  • emrsmommy
    emrsmommy Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    oh yea bump
  • Laurenmp16
    Laurenmp16 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Bump! Love garlic and this looks delicious! Thanks for posting
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy, but what is tahini and where can I find it?
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options

Oh yum. Definitely going to make it this weekend. Thanks!
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    bump, sounds great

edit: i actually have all the stuff for this right now, making it!

edit: ok, ran out of cumin but it's still pretty nice, thanks!
  • NikAtNight82
    NikAtNight82 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Ba-bump!
  • dutchgirl1974
    dutchgirl1974 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    bump