I need some advice please

Options
I am a 50 year old 5'2'' Female and I keep gaining weight. I use a stimulant to lose 13 pounds. After a couple of months the weight is back. What can I do to get the weight off and keep it off naturally? My weight went from 143 to 130 and now 141.

Sincerely,

Cyn

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,129 Member
    Options
    I'm going to suggest calorie counting, weighing all your food and logging it. Eat at a small calorie deficit from your TDEE. (Like set your goals here to "Lose 1/2 pound per week")

Moderate exercise 3-5 times a week.

7-9 hours sleep daily.

Lots of water.
  • mrogulj
    mrogulj Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Make sure you use Fitness Pal and keep track of your calorie intake, if you are not burning enough that can keep weight on and if you're not getting enough your body can go on "survival" mode and hold on to the calories turning them to the weight you wanted to lose!
  • Lovelyladydawn
    Lovelyladydawn Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    If you drink sodas/juice cut that out for sure.. Tons of water and substitute drinks with Crystal Light or another sweetner such as CL.
  • dixielawgirl
    dixielawgirl Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    By watching what you eat and exercising.

Weigh your food. Read labels. Know what real portion sizes are for foods (cereal, for example).

Drink plenty of water, and reduce the amount of sugary drinks/colas/etc.

Honestly, I'm not a fan of taking pills to lose weight. Personally, I like to know what's going into my body and I tend to take fresh food over processed (when possible).

Keep your sodium intake in check. Processed foods are full of sodium. If you tend to eat a lot of this kind of thing, drink extra water to flush it out.

Be patient. The weight didn't go on over night, so it won't come off over night either :)

Good luck!