Recipes for Chicken Thighs

Options
tinab190
tinab190 Posts: 110 Member
I am all about the boneless skinless chicken thighs. I could use a little help making them differently. I work a lot, so I like simple. I make them mostly on my George Foreman grill believe it or not. And I have a whole bunch of those new and different McCormick spice blends that make them really tasty. I'll serve with a salad, or I really like the new Birdseye Steamers Protein Blends side dishes that heat easy in the microwave. The California Blend is the best. I can have dinner ready in 5-7 minutes total. I like thighs because they are healthy, but juicy and tastier than chicken breasts.

Anyone have any easy ways to do chicken thighs that they'd recommend?

Replies

• pds06
    pds06 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I don't think you can beet simply grilled Chicken Thighs. They really don't need much besides seasoning.
    YUM
  • homesweeths
    homesweeths Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I absolutely adore Penzey's Fox Pointe seasoning. We have a store locally, but you can also buy their spices online.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    I sprinkle liberally with Weber Kickin' Chicken spice mix, then sprinkle lightly with a flour/corn starch mix, just on the top. Heat a pan with a little oil, put the chicken top down in the oil and saute until the light breading is browned, flip and put a lid on the pan. If you're cooking anything in the oven, you can pop the pan in the oven to finish cooking. Otherwise, just turn the heat down on the burner to finish cooking and watch to make sure it doesn't burn. Thighs are so juicy that they are unlikely to burn or dry out on the stovetop. This tastes just like spicy fried chicken.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I love honey mustard: 1/4 to 1/3 honey and equal part dijon mustard mixed together with a sprinkle of thyme or rosemary and cracked pepper. Mix the sauce, top the chicken and bake. Comes out amazing every time.

We typically make 2-4 different flavors of chicken, even if we only have 4 pieces! My fiance calls me the "condiment queen," but he is a spice rub fanatic.
  • Upstate_Dunadan
    Upstate_Dunadan Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Marinate in a combination of say sauce, mustard (your choice), and garlic powder. Then grill.
  • kathdela
    kathdela Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I marinate mine in the lawry's teriyake sauce, put them on kebabs with zucchini and grill 'em. not sure how you'd grill kebabs on a foreman, but maybe just use the sauce and grill the zucchini separately.

Also, amen on thighs being tastier than breasts! It's hard to dry out a thigh
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Not sure how much effort you want to put in it, but I used this recipe in the crock pot the other day - http://www.skinnytaste.com/2008/06/chicken-cacciatore-43-pts.html I used skinless, boneless thighs. It came out really well and was pretty simple. The only thing I might change is to not add the chicken broth. It's a little too liquidy when it's done in the slow cooker, might be different if you follow the original directions.
    Recipe link courtesy of @rabbitjb
  • AmZam05
    AmZam05 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Here's a really simple recipe that I've become quite addicted to.

First of all, unless you really don't like the skin, leave it on! It's delicious and the fat is good for you and very filling.

Brush both sides with olive oil and sprinkle with dry ranch dressing mix.
    Bake at 350 for 45-55mins. Finish with a minute under the broiler if you want an extra crisp. They are very versatile and go with anything, but one of my favorite is buttered carrots and broccoli/cauliflower mix.
  • dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I personally like chicken thighs slow cooked in the crock pot. They're pretty juicy usually so I use mexican spices and a can of diced tomatoes for a shredded chicken effect.
  • tinascar2015
    tinascar2015 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I make my own marinades, but for quick and easy chicken or just thighs (which I did last night), I use KC Masterpiece marinades. I make a couple slashed in each piece, put them into a zip bag, and pour over enough marinade to coat the thighs. Marinate for a minimum of 3 hours and geill. Delicious.

I made the honey teriyaki yesterday, but I also like the lemon pepper and southwestern chipotle ones.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Not sure how much effort you want to put in it, but I used this recipe in the crock pot the other day - http://www.skinnytaste.com/2008/06/chicken-cacciatore-43-pts.html I used skinless, boneless thighs. It came out really well and was pretty simple. The only thing I might change is to not add the chicken broth. It's a little too liquidy when it's done in the slow cooker, might be different if you follow the original directions.
    Recipe link courtesy of @rabbitjb

Hi @Eaglesfanintn ...there's a recipe specifically for the crock pot on that site that doesn't use broth ...but I still would double the peppers :)

HTH
  • gaelowyn_pt_duex
    gaelowyn_pt_duex Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Skinnytaste pollo sabroso. The only thing I do differently than double the recipe(cuz my fam devours these!) is add some spiced rum or tequila to the marinade as well as fresh lime or lemon juice. it rocks.
    I also use thighs for just about any recipe that calls for breast meat.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Chicken & Broccoli Rice Casserole

Ingredients

3 cups cooked. brown rice (approx. 1 cup uncooked rice)
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    1 small onion, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
    8 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
    8 ounces skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
    3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
    1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    1 (12-ounce) bag microwave-in-bag fresh broccoli florets
    1 1/2 cups 1% low-fat milk
    3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
    3 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (about 3/4 cup)

Directions

Preheat broiler to high. Cook rice according to package directions.

While rice cooks, heat a large 12-inch ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion, mushrooms, and chicken; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Sauté until chicken, mushrooms and onion are done, about 6-8 minutes.

Place broccoli into a microwave safe bowl and add 2-3 tablespoons of water. Cover with a plate and cook broccoli in microwave for 3 minutes.

Combine milk and flour, stirring with a whisk or fork until smooth. Stir milk mixture into chicken mixture in skillet. Cook 2 minutes or until bubbly and thick, stirring frequently.

Stir in remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, rice, and broccoli. Sprinkle with cheese.

Broil 1 minute or until cheese melts and just begins to brown.

NOTE:
    If you don’t have an ovenproof skillet use a glass baking dish to broil the casserole.

Nutrition Information

Serves: 4 | Serving Size: 2 cups

Per serving: Calories: 453; Total Fat: 16g; Saturated Fat: 7g; Monounsaturated Fat: 3g; Cholesterol: 70mg; Sodium: 694mg; Carbohydrate: 52g; Dietary Fiber: 6g; Sugar: 9g; Protein: 28g

Nutrition Bonus: Potassium: 518mg; Iron: 15%; Vitamin A: 19%; Vitamin C: 129%; Calcium: 32%

http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/chicken-broccoli-rice-casserole/

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Sometimes I make my own marinades, but for quick and easy chicken or just thighs (which I did last night), I use KC Masterpiece marinades. I make a couple slashed in each piece, put them into a zip bag, and pour over enough marinade to coat the thighs. Marinate for a minimum of 3 hours and geill. Delicious.

I made the honey teriyaki yesterday, but I also like the lemon pepper and southwestern chipotle ones.

Thanks for the idea Tina! @tinascar2015 or anyone :) How do you count the marinade? I've never used it as I wasn't sure.

• FatOldManMN
    FatOldManMN Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Leave the skin on
  • Bouteloua1234
    Bouteloua1234 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    This one is delicious if you like mustard:
    tablefortwoblog.com/holy-yum-chicken/#.UuFPCLRlDIU
  • ginny92802
    ginny92802 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Gina from Skinnytaste loves chicken thighs so there are tons of good recipes on her site. I love this one (says drumsticks but I make it with thighs because I don't like bones). http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/07/asian-glazed-drumsticks.html
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    Recipe: Chicken Thighs
    Step 1: Chest (35 Sets Pump and Burn)
    Step 2: Back (25 Sets Pump and Burn)
    Step 3: Upper Shoulders (20 Sets Pump and Burn)
    Step 4: Lower Body (10 Minutes walking on 10% decline)
    Step 5: Lower Shoulders (20 Sets Pump and Burn)
    Step 6: Arms and Abs (100 Sets Pump and Burn)

This recipe will result in a nice set of chicken thighs