Ate healthy today, exercised, and still hungry?

Options
Missycvt
Missycvt Posts: 422 Member
edited May 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Today I ate pretty well. My daily calories are to stay under 1400. I'm at 1380 I believe. I only walked today for 30 minutes. After my walk, an hour later, I'm feeling hungry. Any suggestions? Do I eat an apple or just drink more water? Can I eat something else besides dumb ol fruit? I'm obsessing over this healthy crap too much.

Replies

• megomerrett
    megomerrett Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Did you walk after eating all your meals? Drink a glass of water (I'd personally prefer a cup of tea), do something and if you're still hungry then eat. Are you "eating back" exercise cals?
  • Missycvt
    Options
    Yes I walked after all my meals. I walked in the evening. After dinner and dessert. I'm under my goal and the walking put me to around 1200 cals for the day. I guess I could eat a snack. It shouldn't hurt but then I feel like I walked for nothing then? Lol!!! I mean come on!? How does this all work!? I'm getting really annoyed with this whole fitness things! It's so hard to balance it all out!!!!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Missycvt wrote: »
    Yes I walked after all my meals. I walked in the evening. After dinner and dessert. I'm under my goal and the walking put me to around 1200 cals for the day. I guess I could eat a snack. It shouldn't hurt but then I feel like I walked for nothing then? Lol!!! I mean come on!? How does this all work!? I'm getting really annoyed with this whole fitness things! It's so hard to balance it all out!!!!

Did you add your walking calories? A 30 minute decent intensity walk would be about 2.5-3 miles and give me roughly 200 calories extra (once I hit my sedentary activity level of course)
  • Missycvt
    Options
    Yes it gave me 200 calories. But I just feel like if I eat it's like I walked for nothing? That's how I'm feeling. So I don't wanna feel guilty after my snack!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Missycvt wrote: »

Your MFP calorie goal is designed to allow you to acheive your weight loss goal per week without purposeful exercise (it's a NEAT formula eg BMR plus activity level but excludes exercise)

when you exercise you get to eat more .. to fuel your body and continue to motivate you to move more .. best to eat back 50% of MFP exercise database as it overestimates a little

• Missycvt
    Options
    Okay I ate a small Granny Smith apple with 1 tbsp of peanut butter. Hopefully I won't ruin myself with this snack. Lol geez. I need to relax.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Exercise is for your health, not for weight loss. Don't be afraid to eat the extra calories.
  • juliebowman4
    juliebowman4 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    This might sound lame, but I tell myself "It's ok to be hungry" and then I busy myself with household chores or reading a book.
    That's assuming that I'm following a healthy plan and I know I've eaten enough to sustain myself.....:)