Default Activity Levels

Options
Hi,

I have bend logging for 465 days and recently upped my daily steps from 15000 to 20000 using fitbit. Does that qualify as "active" or should I leave it at "lightly active" 20000 FYI is around 10 1/2 miles 6 days a week lazy to moderate pace.

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    If you're using fitbit just enable negative adjustments and it really doesn't matter which level you choose as it automatically adjusts it

I'm probably active but I'm set to sedentary because fitbit overrides it
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    for me it depends on if it's purposeful exercise. I have mine set at lightly active as I get on average 8-10k steps a day without exercise...and I let my Jawbone (when it works) sync in extra calories.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    If you're using fitbit just enable negative adjustments and it really doesn't matter which level you choose as it automatically adjusts it

^This. You'll still be eating TDEE minus deficit. You'll just get more calories to start with but smaller adjustments.

You can learn more in the Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users
  • focused4health
    focused4health Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody. At 67 any walk is exercise for me..even walking to the fridge for ice cream! Thanks for caring.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    If you're routinely getting several hundred extra calories from your Fitbit sync at the end of the day, then increase your MFP activity level. If you're routinely getting negative adjustments, decrease your MFP activity level. Ultimately it doesn't matter since it will come out to the same thing, but using an activity level that's fairly close to your Fitbit estimate will help you plan your days better.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    segacs wrote: »
    If you're routinely getting several hundred extra calories from your Fitbit sync at the end of the day, then increase your MFP activity level. If you're routinely getting negative adjustments, decrease your MFP activity level. Ultimately it doesn't matter since it will come out to the same thing, but using an activity level that's fairly close to your Fitbit estimate will help you plan your days better.

Depends on your approach really I routinely get an additional 4-600 calories from my fitbit ...and I love it :)
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,634 Member
    Options
    segacs wrote: »

This
  • focused4health
    focused4health Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Excellent. Thank you.