quit smoking to increase calories

Options
OK, so I decided, yesterday, that enough is enough. I cannot meet my daily intake because I just don't want to eat. Smoking pretty much caps your hunger, so I decided that weight gain surpasses the sweet sweet feeling of nicotine coarsing through your body (crap, now I want a cigarette). Anyways, can someone recommend healthy "fillers" for when I crave a cigarette? I need something that tastes good too.
Keep in mind, I'm at work most of the time, so I'm limited on what to eat.

Replies

• monica_eccleston
    monica_eccleston Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    roasted chic peas, protein bars, sweet potato chips, carrots, celery, almonds, raisins, lightly salted popcorn, cliff bars, kind bars, baked kale chips, apple, Oreos (they're vegan), baked lays, pb&j, dried fruit, nut and dried fruit trail mix..
    that's all I can think of that'd be easy to take to work. hope it helps!
  • joepratt503
    joepratt503 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    LOL!!! oreos are vegan? thats crazy talk...I had no idea :)
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I'd try not to use food as a substitute. Chew some gum to take care of the oral fixation, and try to stay busy.

Quitting smoking sucks. I tried and failed a few times. Good luck.
  • CBworkout91
    CBworkout91 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Try Reese's cups. 1 pack = 210.
  • ibnfaqir
    ibnfaqir Posts: 139 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    almonds, peanut peanut. Anything you can munch on that has a high amount of good fats. I am a chain smoker but it hasn't hindered my macros and I am still losing body fat.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I'd go with gum or a low-calorie hard candy. Depends on why you were smoking, imo. If you smoke out of boredom, eating food probably isn't a good idea.