I am always hungry

Options
I'm so fed up of always being hungry..I am a healthy weight (126lbs) and 5'4 and don't know if I'm eating enough..I built up calories a couple of weeks ago from 1200 and now on 1800-1900..I lost half a stone! I workout 4 or 5 times a week and do weight and cardio training. I did weights today and have been hungry all day! I'm hitting my macros but still so hungry don't know what to do..

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Are you losing or maintaining on 1800-1900 calories? Are you using the MFP default macros, or did you set your own? Upping your protein goal a little might help. Also, eating more fiber might help. Fiber and protein take longer to digest and can help you feel full longer.
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    The majority of my calories are from meat, fruits, vegetables, and low fat dairy. I'm 6' and eating 1700 calories + some exercise calories on days I feel I need them. Otherwise I'm pretty much never overly hungry. I usually skip breakfast too because I never really feel I need it.

Check out my diary for ideas if you want, it's pretty bland and boring, but it gets the job done for me.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    If your calorie level is appropriate for your activity level, you will just need to play around with different foods. It took me a long time, but I've finally figured it out.
  • DanPonting
    DanPonting Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    If you're working out four or five times a week, I'm almost certain you're undereating. Google benedict Harris formula, workout your Basal Metabolic Rate, and then your Total Daily Energy Expenditure.