Getting started all over again...

Options
afv417
afv417 Posts: 466 Member
Hello,

To make my story brief, I lost 75lbs in a year, using MFP, eating well and exercising regularly. I was close to my goal weight by end of 2012. During that time I met my now husband, we got engaged, got married and now have a baby. I am back at work and work full time. I do not eat well and I can't figure out how to schedule in exercise. By the time I get home after 5 I want to spend time with the little one, once she goes down at 7 I start cooking and by the time we're done eating and cleaning up I'm exhausted!

Any moms or dads with tips for this new unfit mommy?

Thank you!

Replies

• lyeasley
    lyeasley Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That is so familiar!! It has been a while since I was having babies, but I have gotten very close to my goals and then gained back weight over time, twice with a new pregnancy (of course, but I really gained a lot each time). Now much older and trying to lose again--after a lot of false starts and some successes (20 lbs off/on over years).

We can do this!! I am now facing a major (but fun!!) challenge--my husband wants to take us on a 7-week road trip to the national parks in the summer--we leave in ONE MONTH!!

I am sure your life with work, baby, husband is also a mix of joy and challenging stuff, like you mentioned. Rest is legitimate and essential for all kinds of health. You will succeed at everything better if you find a way to rest--I think that is even more important than weight loss. Blessings on you!
    Another Mom, near Chicago
    Lois
  • afv417
    afv417 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Thanks Lois!