Any tips on what to eat...

Options
Just started this today, any body have any good tips for food ect..

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Eat food in proper portions. I personally eat a good 6 servings of veg per day, a serving or two of fruit, some whole grains and/or legumes, plenty of lean sourced protein (chicken, fish, lean cuts of beef and pork), and get most of my fats from things like avocado, nuts, cooking with healthy oils, etc. I also eat desert most nights and I like pizza and whatnot.

One of the most important aspects of this is really just portion control though...I can eat all of that healthy stuff, but if I over eat, I'm still going to get fat.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Eat foods that you like in portion sizes that fit in your goals.

Get plenty of fat, fiber, and protein to help with hunger and health.

Eat plenty of veggies for the micronutrients.

Fill in the rest with sweets and treats if you want them.

Food choices and meal planning are so personal depending on your goals, needs, and preferences. There are so many different ways that you can structure it. You can start by logging what you're eating now and make small changes.

I really like this link if you're just getting started: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Eat foods that you like in portion sizes that fit in your goals.

Get plenty of fat, fiber, and protein to help with hunger and health.

Eat plenty of veggies for the micronutrients.

Fill in the rest with sweets and treats if you want them.

Food choices and meal planning are so personal depending on your goals, needs, and preferences. There are so many different ways that you can structure it. You can start by logging what you're eating now and make small changes.

I really like this link if you're just getting started: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

So. Much. This.

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Eat food you like in amounts that fit your calories. If you find you're really hungry then look at your diary and the next day substitute for some more filling choices - look for items with more protein and fiber for that fuller feeling. The first step though is just to log. Then you can see where adjustments can be made.