Is it okay to eat crsips, cookies ect?

Options
Would one or two cookies a day be bad?

Replies

• lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    No. Eat whatever you like as long as it fits into your calories.
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    No. One or two cookies a day is awesome! You eat whatever you want, just make sure it fits into your daily calorie limit.

I literally just ate a chocolate covered cracker and a cup of coffee w/ cream and sugar and it was delightful. It fit into my day and that's okay.
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    How would it be bad? Are they laced with poison of some sort?

You can eat anything you want providing it fits within your calorie goals.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options

Well, lets see...if you were getting in all of your fruits and veg, plenty of lean sourced protein, some whole grains, and healthy fats...how would a couple cookies undo all of that?

Meet your nutritional needs and calorie targets...and then have a cookie.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Plan for it and fit it in your calorie goal for the day.
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    wut
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Do you want 1 or 2 cookies? Do they fit in your calories? Are you getting the other nutrients you need during the day?

If yes - eat the cookies.
  • nikkerbob
    nikkerbob Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I had two Reese's peanut butter cups by 10 am yesterday. Eat whatever you want, whenever you want, just log it =)
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,939 Member
    Options
    Bad for whom?

Do you have room in your budget and have you met your other nutritional goals?

Is there a medical (f.e. diabetes) or psychological (f.e. trigger item) impediment that would make the cookies or crisps ill advised?

Do the cookies or crisps, in your opinion, offer you the best "reward to cost ratio" having taken all the above into consideration?

If yes, log them, eat them, and enjoy them!

If not, find a substitute that outperforms them!
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Regular cookies and crisps? Sure.

One of these? Maybe not so much.
    giant-cookie-17549706.jpg
  • holly55555
    holly55555 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Yes, but just don't eat a whole bag. Get a food scale and measure an actual serving to be sure you're not overdoing it. Happy snacking!
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options

no - not your calories - your macros and calories - make sure you get close to your protein , fat and carb levels (I would eat more protein than MFP suggests) and then as long as you are not sensitive to sugar, eat what you like. Your body doesn't give you extra marks once you have given it what it needs . If you just eat your calories you may miss important nutrients which will slow you down and could make you weak
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,939 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Hell, I've been eating ice cream everyday this week.

what the heck is going on with ice cream these days? I've been hitting the hundred and seventy calorie McDonald's cones like there's no tomorrow!
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    davert123 wrote: »

no - not your calories - your macros and calories - make sure you get close to your protein , fat and carb levels (I would eat more protein than MFP suggests) and then as long as you are not sensitive to sugar, eat what you like. Your body doesn't give you extra marks once you have given it what it needs . If you just eat your calories you may miss important nutrients which will slow you down and could make you weak

Oh whatever, sure. I guess I should have specified since someone was sure enough to come pick apart my comment. Yeesh.
  • Narcissora
    Narcissora Posts: 197 Member
    Options

No way. Like a couple other posters, I budget ice cream into my diet almost every day. It makes me happy and keeps me sane. I say EAT THE COOKIES! :smiley:
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    I would never last with this process if I never had cookies, or cake, or pie or ice cream.....etc. I budget calories every day for a dessert of some sort at the end of the day. Some days it is a very low cal dessert, others it is a big yummy one depending on where I am with my cals for the day.

Count the calories, eat the cookies and enjoy the cookies.
  • Sarasmaintaining
    Sarasmaintaining Posts: 1,027 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options

Nope, eat what you like as long as you can still meet your calorie goals. Weight loss is about calories, math and eating at a deficit-simple as that :) Now if you want to get into macros that's a second subject, but I'm assuming your focus is on weight loss? For that-calories and math.
  • CupcakeQueen86
    CupcakeQueen86 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    being on stupid diets such as no carb, atkins ect I just thought I should triple check, I have lost 7lbs and I've been eating 1400 calories which includes my fav food so I'm happy :) thanks friends