What are chia seeds?

Options
2»

Replies

• PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    I have chia seeds with almond milk to help me get my fiber for the day since it's high in fiber for such a tiny amount.
  • SophiaSerrao
    SophiaSerrao Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Spectrum-Essentials-Chia-And-Flax-Seed-Decadent-Blend-with-Coconut-And-Cocoa-022506521087.jpg

I buy this type and throw it into my smoothie and sometimes sprinkle it on peanut butter and agave toast.

Christ, that looks so good! And convenient to get some healthy fats in when they're lacking. Wonderfully flavored.

But, just like PB2, we probably don't have it over here u.u
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    Chia also add body to some soups, e.g. "Cream of" broccoli soup (puréed in chicken stock, no cream). I love it in some soups & don't love in others. In addition to substituting for egg, some people sub soaked chia (forms a gel) for 1/3 to 1/2 the oil in a dressing. When I've done chia pudding, I barely scald milk, purée some almonds & orange zest in it then add the chia & chill overnight. Caloric but seriously nutritious and yummy.
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    ahoy_m8 wrote: »
    Chia also add body to some soups, e.g. "Cream of" broccoli soup (puréed in chicken stock, no cream). I love it in some soups & don't love in others. In addition to substituting for egg, some people sub soaked chia (forms a gel) for 1/3 to 1/2 the oil in a dressing. When I've done chia pudding, I barely scald milk, purée some almonds & orange zest in it then add the chia & chill overnight. Caloric but seriously nutritious and yummy.

This sounds fantastic! Gives me ideas!
  • Clarewho
    Clarewho Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Proceed with caution I think!!
  • jessypug
    jessypug Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Chia seeds are full of Omega 3, health food stores like Holland and Barrett sell them in the UK :)