Maccros

Options
MissJamiie
MissJamiie Posts: 56 Member
Hi, I just recently started counting calories again! Also my macros any macros expert here lol? Any tips for hitting my macros or planning better? If you are active and motivated send me a request :)

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Pre log your days
  • sixxpoint
    sixxpoint Posts: 3,529 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Dietary Fat (9 cals per gram): 0.40-0.45 g per 1 lb. bodyweight minimum, preferably higher
    Protein (4 cals per gram): 0.60-0.82 g per 1 lb. bodyweight or higher
    Carbs (4 cals per gram): to fill in the rest of your daily calorie goal - focus on whole, minimally processed, nutritious, and high fiber foods

Alcohol is 7 calories per gram and gets metabolized first.
  • 3AAnn3
    3AAnn3 Posts: 3,055 Member
    Options
    I just started up. I had my third baby 16 months ago, am still nursing a little bit and have 15 pounds to lose to get back to my pre-pregnancy, toned, real healthy and happy weight. I agree with the real nutrient dense foods - lots of veggies, berries, higher protein, and minimal amount of processed foods. I log what I plan on eating the night before, after the kids have gone to bed and try to stick with that the best I can. You can always tweak throughout the day, but I find having a written goal and plan tends to make me more likely to stick with it. Buy lots of veggies and just incorporate them into meals. Sometimes frozen veggies are a lot easier as there isn't much prep involved. I always cook my stuff in a separate pan after it's weighed and measured and because my kids and husband are all thin and have no need to cut calories. I make our meals very similar, but not exactly the same. Mine usually have more vegetable, leaner meat and less grain, but essentially the same meal so I'm not cooking 2-5 different things at the same time. This works well for me. Good luck on your journey!