Replies

• ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    eat in a calorie deficit
    get a food scale
    log everything
    get on a structured lifting program like strong lifts, starting strength, new rules of lifting for woman, etc

Yup. There is no such thing as "toning"
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    If your goal is to lose the baby weight, you have to do some cardio, it's the only thing that will burn calories. But even more important is what you put in your mouth. Set a goal for how much you want to lose each week, plug it in to MFP and it will give you your daily calorie goal to lose that amount. Then add exercise to boost your metabolism and burn even more calories and boost your weight loss.

Nope. Being alive burns calories. Breathing burns calories. Breastfeeding burns tons of calories!!
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    ASKyle wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    eat in a calorie deficit
    get a food scale
    log everything
    get on a structured lifting program like strong lifts, starting strength, new rules of lifting for woman, etc

Yup. There is no such thing as "toning"

Agree to both 100%

Do this and I promise you will see results...
  • mirrim52
    mirrim52 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Anadora92 wrote: »
    I've recently started toning exercises so have a few that I do;

ABS
    1. Crunches - I find these are better than sit ups as it's easier to get the form right, also it's better if you place the palms of your feet together and do a kinda frog leg thing rather than having your knees up, I've been told it works the core more
    2. Crunches with leg raised - so lie on your back and put your legs straight in the air and try and reach for your toes - this works the lower abs
    3. Leg raises - make a diamond with your hands and place them under the base of your back for support the lift your legs off the ground and slowly lower, before raising again, don't let your feet touch the ground during the lower and if you want to make it harder, engage your upper abs by raising your shoulders off the ground as if you're doing a crunch.
    4. Plank - great for arms and core and the side plank is even harder! Try to hold for as long as you can
    5. Obliques - Lay down and place your feet on the floor with your knees up, as if going for a sit up, raise your shoulder off the ground slightly and then try and reach for your ankles - alternating your arms so you're kinda swaying side to side

No, no no!
    Do not do ab exercises like this 5 weeks postpartum. Until you abdominal muscles have fully healed and are no longer separated things like crunches can do a lot of damage. Never start ab exercises until cleared by your OB or midwife, and then you need to start slowly.