Shredded chicken

Options
msty112
msty112 Posts: 199 Member
Chicken breasts were on sale so I cooked and shredded about 7lbs. Now I need ideas! Normally I throw it on salads and make chicken tacos and quesadillas with it but I need some new ideas.

Replies

• bigblondewolf
    bigblondewolf Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Pinterest! There are so many good ideas on there if you type in shredded chicken.

I know it's not really soup season anymore, but this recipe is my absolute favourite. Best part is that you can make a huge batch and freeze individual portions for convenience.

http://www.gimmesomeoven.com/tomato-basil-chicken-stew/
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    BBQ chicken pizza, Thai chicken pizza (I like my pizzas on pita or flatout to save calories), stir fry, soup - Love this one, mixed with BBQ sauce to make "pulled chicken sandwiches", mixed with any sauce and stuffed into sweet or white potatoes, mixed in with your pasta, marinara, and veg to make a quick cacciatore, stir fry, mixed into rice, pasta, quinoa, couscous, etc, wraps.
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Chicken wild rice soup. Chicken enchiladas. White bean chicken chili.

I like to take shredded chicken, avocado, chopped tomatoes and peppers, and mustard, and put it on a wrap for lunch.
  • witchynic
    witchynic Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I slow cook a pack them shed it as I go. Today I had half mixed with some BBQ sauce and half with some quark and coriander. Then I wrapped them with chopped tomato in lettuce leaves instead of wraps. Really filling and nice to have a bit of variety.
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I agree will all those mentions of pulled bbq chicken. I made sandwiches, stuffed potatoes, topped pizzas too. I make tacos. My fav is: soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2014/07/suiza-rellenos-tacos.html

I made chicken salad or just put it on salads. Love avocado chicken salad. Check this one out: relishscd.blogspot.ca/2012/11/avacado-chicken-salad-scd-paleo.html

I am addicted to Hummus Bowls right now. soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2015/05/hummus-power-bowls.html

Chicken%2BHummus%2BPower%2BBowl3.jpg
  • msty112
    msty112 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Soup recipes do sound good. I think I will do bbq chicken sandwiches over the weekend. That hummus bowl is beautiful. Mine would never look that nice.

Question about lettuce wraps: What is the best type of lettuce to use?
  • SunflowerCat74
    SunflowerCat74 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    You've got some great ideas here. Also try pesto chicken salad. Mix pesto and greek yogurt, add diced onion, celery, red pepper or sundried tomato. Yum! It's awesome on pitas!