Banana and two eggs Pancakes?

Options
2»

Replies

• MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    I've made them several times. They are EXCELLENT! I like them more than regular pancakes, though be aware they are different...more like crepes. I just mash the banana well with a fork and then add to the eggs. I also add a little cinnamon and sometimes some vanilla extract. OMG...really good.

Usually I have them plain...they need no topping. But sometimes I will top with some raspberries (usually stirred well to make something resembling a syrup in texture)

I like the bananas reasonably ripe. The unripe ones have no flavor.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    anbtjp wrote: »
    What is PB2? I've seen it mentioned several times

It's a brand of powdered peanut butter. In my opinion, it has several good uses and is convenient in some recipes (and really good in yogurt), but by itself I'm not a huge fan of it. Less calories than real peanut butter which is great, but it'll never taste the same :(
  • kmsoucy457
    kmsoucy457 Posts: 237 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I make a version with cottage cheese, for extra protein (see my recipes for 'oatmeal cottage cheese pancakes'). These are the best flour substitute pancakes i've been able to find. There is yet another version out there that uses 1 banana and only half of the cottage cheese, and the ingredients are the same otherwise.
  • JodehFoster
    JodehFoster Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    cooking low & slow is the key, don't be in a hurry! I agree that they are very good plain as well, still need a pinch of salt for me to balance the sweetness.
  • SophiaSerrao
    SophiaSerrao Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    shan11180 wrote: »
    I've had multiple failures. I'll have to try a few of the suggestions above, though!

I made a protein pancake that was wonderful using protein powder, cinnamon, 2 egg whites and vanilla. AMAZING!

Hmm that sounds like a nice, low cal, high protein change for a weekend breakfast.

Can you tell me how you make these??
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Gross. Give me my regular pancakes all day everyday.
  • mummibear
    mummibear Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I need to add something flour like when I make them, these days it's oats, but when I was paleo, it was ground almonds. Delicious but beware. A single banana, egg and a couple of spoons of almond meal cooked in coconut oil was well over 400 calories!