I think this dress is hanging on me differently?!

Options
vinerie
vinerie Posts: 234 Member
6x907qjcarkn.jpg

The image on the left was the reason I started. When I saw that picture I was shocked at how I looked. The image on the right is 15 pounds later. (209 lbs to 194 lbs, (94.8 kg 87.9 kg). I am 6 feet, 1 inches tall (184 cm).

Also, today at the gym I benched three sets of 10 with 25-lb weights on each side of the barbell. I felt so strong!!

Replies

• Jen2133
    Jen2133 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Definite progress :) Congrats!
  • vinerie
    Options
    Thank you! It's hard to tell and I didn't do proper "before" pictures, so putting on that same dress was the best I could do. But clothes are fitting differently. Skirts with zippers that used to dig into me are comfortable and, in some cases, falling down and need to be taken in. I'm getting married this summer and I really want good looking arms more than anything, so I've been lifting really heavy at the gym, too!
  • mpeters1965
    mpeters1965 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    It's funny you mention arms, because I noticed the change in them even more than the change in the dress. Way to go!
  • schillewis
    schillewis Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Big difference for sure. Great job!
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    I agree. Big difference. You are looking great! Keep up the good work! I can't wait until I get there! :)
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Nicely done! It took me a while to notice any change in myself, but your 15lbs definitely shows!!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Wow, I see a lot of changes! Legs, neck, arms, face ;) (less purple in the after photo), waist, etc. Amazing the changes in only 15 lbs. You look great and what a fantastic job you've done!!
  • vinerie
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the positive feedback! It's a little scary to post photos, and I do appreciate the encouraging words!
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    vinerie wrote: »
    Thank you everyone for the positive feedback! It's a little scary to post photos, and I do appreciate the encouraging words!

<3
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Wow, I see a lot of changes! Legs, neck, arms, face ;) (less purple in the after photo), waist, etc. Amazing the changes in only 15 lbs. You look great and what a fantastic job you've done!!

@vinerie
    I hope this ^ didn't sound odd.. I meant I'm amazed that such changes occur in 15 lbs. I have so much to lose so 15 would of course look different on me. My mind is so often blown when a member shows a 10 lb or 15lb drop and so many lovely changes have taken place. So I do hope it didn't come across in bad way... not meant that way in the slightest!! :smiley:
  • efrensgirl2015
    efrensgirl2015 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Congratulations...definitely a difference...and your arms are looking great.Congratulations on your wedding too.
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • vinerie
    Options

@vinerie
    I hope this ^ didn't sound odd.. I meant I'm amazed that such changes occur in 15 lbs. I have so much to lose so 15 would of course look different on me. My mind is so often blown when a member shows a 10 lb or 15lb drop and so many lovely changes have taken place. So I do hope it didn't come across in bad way... not meant that way in the slightest!! :smiley:

Not odd at all!
  • opalsqueak007
    opalsqueak007 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    There is a huge difference: Arms, waist, tops of legs - Spectacular change :)
  • vanessalillian82
    vanessalillian82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Hey, tall girl! Almost 6'2" here :smile: There is definitely, definitely a difference. Keep up the good work!
  • Clarewho
    Clarewho Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Yep looking good. The dress falls better over your hips and stomach and your arms look in better shape. Keep it up!
  • erojoy
    erojoy Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Oh please, you know it is :wink:
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Yeah, huge difference. No way I would have guessed only 15 pounds. My guess is all that hard work at the gym made you so lean. Fantastic job, you look really fabulous!!!!!!!!
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Oh yes! That's a huge difference. COngrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!